Job description / Role
We are a multinational family living in Dubai, UAE. We are looking for active person who loves spending time with children and has confidence to organize them and get the things done on time.
We are looking for a live-in nanny / tutor to care for 3 children aged between 6 and 12.
Benefits include tax free salary, housing, food, basic insurance, visa and return ticket.
Work includes 6 days working week, mostly afternoon between 2pm – and time when children sleep but requires to be present inside the house full time in case parents are absent. Off day is 1 day per week between 8am and 6 pm. Strictly no sleeping out.
• Preparing and dropping children to school ON TIME
• Picking them up on time and communicating with driver for pick up points to avoid standing in the heat
• Taking them for afterschool classes or staying at home while somebody else take care of taking some of them around
• Communicating with driver
• Organizing afternoons to engage kids in development games
• Ukrainian language and positive experience in teaching it is mandatory
• Be flexible in your approach, creative in dealing with children, disciplined to set up and maintain daily routines including morning and evening hygiene etc.
• Making sure children are well fed, encouraging healthy diet
• Sorting and maintaining toys clean
• Knowing what belongs to whom and sorting kids’ laundry
• Creating afternoon program making sure children are busy and safe
• Understanding the use on laptop and being able to print out whatever may require for games or homework
• Answer all questions or google, find appropriate answer and read to children
• Being able to help children navigate educational zoom calls, understand what is happening and assist
• Keeping pencils sharp, dust wiped of toy shelves, wardrobes tidy, making sure with other house staff that uniforms are clean and ironed, monitoring school bags, gadget charging for the next school day
• Organize play dates
• Cleanup little accidents
• Encourage language development
• Teach and model manners and respect.
• Soothe children when hurt.
• Take children to swimming pool, explain water safety and around the pool safety every time
• Effective argument management
• Provide appropriate care when injured
• Keep them on a consistent routine for sleeping
• Encourage reading and interest in books and new words
• Make sure everything and everyone is ready for bedtime
• Occasional other tasks that might be required
You will get your schedule from the parents and can ask any questions you have about the children to help you more effectively care for them.
Nanny is an ongoing and permanent role that consists of you caring for the children every day. You are also responsible for additional tasks like household chores, pet care or errands.
You will work and live in the parents’ household, room sharing Is possible. When you live in the household, you will often be expected to join the parents and children when we go to any events or activities, like the grocery store, zoo or the children’s sporting events and will take care of the children during these activities.
You may also be expected to take the children to school and attend parent-teacher conferences on the parents’ behalf if we’re unable to attend. You even may go on trips and vacations with the family to take care of the children when needed.
What makes a good Tutor?
A great Nanny should have patience and compassion when working with children. She should also be organized and tidy in order to maintain a clean home for the family. Many Nannies are responsible for handling several tasks or caring for many children at once, so they should have great time management and multitasking skills to ensure they’re completing everything on time.You may need to work in team of other house staff and maintain effective teamwork.
• CRP training
• Sufficient English communication skills
• 2-5 year previous positive experience with children of similar age
• Bachelor higher education in teaching/ child management
• Know how to swim
About the Company
Dutch Oriental provides a One-stop solution for all types of Private and Corporate events from Weddings to Annual Gala dinners and Ballroom Events. Between its fleet of Yachts we can Host groups as large as 600. Lotus is the Largest and most luxurious Mega yacht in entire UAE. The Ballroom can hold up to 300 Guests and the Sun Deck can Host upto 500 People at the same time.