Job description / Role
As the Government Non-Tax Revenues Specialist you would be responsible for analysing data related to non-tax revenue, creating reports for senior management and assessing non-tax tariff rates in the region.
The client is a top tier local government entity in Abu Dhabi.
As the government non-tax revenue specialist, you would be responsible for:
* Organising and managing non-tax government revenues by leading the process of setting rules and guidelines for non-tax government revenues
* Implementing revenue development plans in coordination with government agencies
* Developing and diversifying government income sources
* Lay down policies, rules and develop guides to organise and monitor the process of collecting non-tax revenues.
* Issue a "Government Services Pricing Guide" to organise and monitor the pricing of services provided by government agencies.
* Conduct studies and analyses related to government service fees in order to identify available growth opportunities.
* Review government agencies' requests for the creation, modification or cancellation of fees and tariffs on services provided and make recommendations and decisions regarding these services.
* Respond to inquiries from relevant government departments and agencies regarding non-tax revenues
* Organise and monitor records of all types of non-tax government revenue collection processes.
* Periodically review the settlements of non-tax revenue accounts to ensure their accuracy.
The entity offers a high growth environment, with a clear career progression for UAE Nationals, as well as support for continuous professional development.
* UAE National with Family book
* Bachelor's degree or higher, in the field of business administration, economics, or its equivalent in a similar speciality.
* Similar experience in government organisation
* Extensive experience within revenue reporting and accounting, with a preference for those with a background in FP&A, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis or strategic analysis.
* Fluency in Arabic and English
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.