Job description / Role
Amazon strives to consistently delight customers by efficiently delivering products all over the world. Our teams possess a wide range of skills and expertise, from business analysis and inventory management to engineering. With so many Fulfilment Centers (FC) and Delivery Stations worldwide, Amazon is growing at a pace that requires the very best talent to be brought in to our company to help us continue to make history.
We are seeking Emirati graduates to join Amazon as Graduate Area Managers in our fulfilment and operations network in the UAE. These are positive, self-motivated individuals with just the right combination of leadership skills and professional business sense. This is a permanent position from day one.
What will you be doing?
• You will be an inspiring leader in one of the following areas within the FC operations: Receive, Stow, Pick, Pack or Ship. Or you might work at one of our Delivery Stations, where you will work to continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes, ensuring that customer orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost-effectively as possible.
• In this position, you will take care of a team or a process as soon as you start. This kind of opportunity isn’t often presented to graduates fresh out of university. At Amazon, however, we trust the people we hire and provide plenty of support to help to set you up for success. Our culture is very learn-by-doing oriented; you will take control of your career.
• Leading by example, you’ll be responsible for the training and integration of your team, while progressively driving progress. This symbiotic relationship also makes this position even more rewarding and impactful, as you strive for excellence together with the team you lead.
• You’ll exercise sound judgement, making sure progress and targets are realistic and achievable. And it’ll be worth it; the impact you could have, within one of the world’s biggest, most innovative companies, won’t go unnoticed. With us, you can have a hand in creating the future of operations and logistics.
Alongside positive leadership, the ideal Area Manager keeps the bigger picture goals in mind:
• You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety while at work.
• You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of quality.
• You’ll demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
• And, last but not least: you’ll strive to improve and streamline processes.
Do you qualify?
• UAE National with a family book
• You obtained or are working towards a Bachelor’s Degree.
• You are flexible to relocate for the position if needed.
• You are willing to work in non-traditional shift pattern which may include nights and weekends.
• You speak fluent English.
• Though not required, it’s even better if you have previous work experience.
• You obtained or are working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or scientific field
About the Company
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.