Job description / Role
The Network Operations Manager directs and manages all aspects of the network & security operations life cycle across the UAEU data centers. Provide overall network and security technical operations team leadership, while maintaining a deep technical understanding of network, telecom and security infrastructure.
- Manage and develop a team of network/security engineers and vendors to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the UAEU network and security infrastructure 24x7 in a manner that meets UAEU's educational, research and administrative service level commitments provided ongoing technical and leadership expertise including growth and scalability requirements
- Diagnosis, escalation, tracking, and resolution of complex incidents in line with industry problem management practices. Lead and manage recovery efforts, as necessary, including effectively escalating incidents and problems internally and externally
- Drive continuous improvement efforts through new/enhanced processes, systems, tools and technology to streamline, improve, and extend the quality of services
- Leads the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Information Security Management System based on the ISO/IEC 27000 series standards, including certification against ISO/IEC 27001 where applicable
- Leads or suitable information security awareness activities
- Monitor and exercise adequate controls over the network to maintain/exceed service level agreements , including ensuring that all network related services and infrastructures are within the Security and Audit guidelines set by UAE IT Governance
- Lead, mentor, coach, and develop a team of network and security operations engineers that take ownership and accountability for delivering service excellence
- Collaborate with Architecture/Engineering team to design, develop, implement, and improve network services overall
- Provide project guidance and oversight on all operational data & security network related initiatives
- Develop and maintain quality configuration management practices and procedures
- Generates, develops and distributes statistical reports for upper management
- Near and long term planning of targeted and broad objective setting activities in support of the regional network and security infrastructure.
- Participate in the development of and occasionally supervise disaster recovery planning and testing efforts
- Lead career development and annual process activities for team members
- Assist in evaluation of products and services to create value in supporting the operational aspects of the network infrastructures
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Information Technology.
- One or more of the following certifications- CISM, CISA CISSP, CCNP, ITIL, highly desired
- 5-7 years of network and security operations experience,
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of IP routing, VoIP communications, high speed and secured data services, video communication networks.
- Strong people leadership, motivational, management and coaching skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills required for documentation reviews
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of network/security related communications and the telecommunications industries
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.