Job description / Role
As the ninth global cluster, we work across the world to fill white spaces for Unilever.
We treat the business as our own.
As intrapreneurs , we introduce Unilever's brands into white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia, and spearhead launches of iconic household brands like Dove, Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, TRESemme into big markets like U.S, China, Western Europe, NAMET RUB and SEAA. As Unilever's growth engine, we establish global white space businesses in key channels such as Health & Beauty, Discounters, E-Commerce and alternate channels such as travel retail, marketing to institutional partners like the United Nations, and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who crave for a taste of their familiar home brands.
As Unilever's growth engine, we are thirdly responsible for creating a global white space business in alternate channels like BPC Professional, Travel Retail, Aggregator Partnerships with UBER and GRAB, E Commerce, marketing to Institutional partners like the United Nations and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who miss their home brands. Singapore is UI's global hub which leads strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, alignment with the global categories and supply chain. Speed is the mantra for Unilever International's success and this role will epitomise that.
We are Game Changers
SPEED is the mantra for our resounding success. To serve the underserve, we embrace a founder's mentality, explore unchartered territories, redesign end-to-end business models to establish successful businesses.
We do one brand launch a day globally and develop 1 new innovation every 8 hours
We make a difference by working fast and smart, nurturing our tribe, winning together, and living by five tenets:
- We will be the fastest route-to-market globally
- We go where no (man, woman, or distributor) has ever explored
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime.
About Digital First Marketing in UI
You will be leveraging digital and shopper marketing to build brands rapidly, partner with global and regional BD teams to analyse the market and lead the cross functional UI teams to land innovations in market fast with impact.
Some of the key deliverables for the role will be:
Marketing & Communications:
- Develop disruptive best in class digital and marketing plans for key brand launches led by Unilever International such as St Ives, Simple, Vaseline, Dove, Pears, Hellman's, Knorr, just to name a few
- Refining the digital strategy, defining key channels and their role in engaging consumers with the brands
- Developing e com performance marketing plans including D2C and performance marketing
- Mastering social, search and performance marketing into a high ROI brand building model
- Developing content to fuel the brand presence and consumer engagement in social media and driving brand's relevance and position in search
- Brand implementation plan and owner/custodian of Seeding brands in your cluster
Agile and Lean innovation:
- Develop agile innovation to serve new segments, categories and markets
- Work with 3P and innovation partners to design new mixes to meet cluster needs
- Adapt global mixes to regional and local needs
Business Performance Analysis & Planning:
- Support the local business development managers to ensure On-Time-In-Full delivery of all key strategic projects hitting iTO & market share targets
- Monthly Business Reporting and Brand Seeding reviews
- Annual Joint Business Planning with Distributors
White Space Expansion Lead:
- Market Evaluations & Analysis on White Space opportunities across the big categories: Beauty Personal Care, Home Care and Foods & Refreshment
- Business Migration/Transitioning, end-to-end project management
- Recommend strategic brand launches from a global bank of brand opportunities, through analysis and mapping out of white spaces opportunities for ANZ
- To launch key niche brands across white spaces, with an average time for a roll out innovation in market - target 100 days from idea to in market
The successful candidate will have a high bias for action, deep passion for building brands, openness to new ideas and approaches, willingness to work with the team to make an impact on the market and a sense of responsibility, measuring performance by results.
This role is important because:
- You will lead the identification of white space across your cluster, unlocking growth opportunities by working with CCBT teams, developing growth strategies to execute plans in the market
- You will lead a marketing team to drive digital first execution across your cluster across a wide range of categories and brands
- You will be responsible for 1 new innovation launch every week for the next 3 years
- You will align opportunities for expansion and subsequent executions, specifically in seeding and marketing building opportunities
- You will drive the strategic direction and delivery of UI.
Your key responsibilities include:
Developing Category and Brand Strategy:
- Developing category and brand strategy for white spaces in Europe
- Work with CCBTs to unlock more growth opportunities for Unilever
- Create innovation and digital marketing programs to unlock the opportunities
Establishing and Executing Business Plans
- Supervising strategic business plan processes and speed-to-market for new product distribution across locations
- Overseeing networks for new product launches with supply chain team and alignment with Category team on launches
Tracking and Monitoring Performance
- Monitoring and ensuring key performance metrics are met
- Leading and aligning cross functional teams to effectively manage projects
- Aligning with local OpCo for synergies
You will work closely with:
- UI Business Development, Finance, Supply Chain and Marketing teams
- Capgemini team
- Key customers and distributors
You will Manage / You will travel:
- Marketing Team for your cluster -2X FTE
Your manager is passionate about:
- Selling soap on the moon and beyond
- Becoming the fastest growing FMCG in the world and then the fastest growing company in the world
- Creating case studies that make Jeff Bezos want to come learn from us
To be a star, you are likely to:
- Be a strategic, highly adaptable, and entrepreneurial person
- Embrace a high growth mindset, with strong love for consumers, shoppers, and customers
- Have excellent financial acumen and analytical skills
- Have excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills with senior stakeholders
- Have experience working and leading in cross-functional teams
To be great at this, you'll have:
- Mindset of breaking the mould
- Constant feeling of not having done enough and wanting to do more - insatiable hunger
- Rebel at heart and no tolerance for hierarchy or rules
- Consistent track record of exceptional business results
- Humility to give credit and not take it
- Resilience - keep smiling even if a tank ran over you
- Over 10 years' experience in FMCG industry in operational key account management, marketing, business or finance partnering roles
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline
To be extra AWESOME at this, you'll have:
- Agile Mix Development - mixes designed and launched successfully in market in 100-200 days
- Digital Marketing Mastery - SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Performance, E com last mile, CRM
- Intolerance for mediocrity, bureaucracy, and lack of speed
In SHORT, this role is:
- Chance to change the world with Unilever's brands
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Marketing Manager (Consumer Goods)
Middle East Executive
Assistant Brand Manager
Marketing Manager / Marketing Director
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Group Marketing Manager