Job description / Role
Position Title: Underbalanced Coiled Tubing Drilling (UBCTD) Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time (rotation may also be considered depending on the requirement)
Salary: depending on experience and qualifications
Job Location: UAE
About the Client:
A leading oil and gas company in UAE.
• Manages all operations in a manner that ensures UBCTD operations programmes are carried out in safe and cost-effective manner, ensuring the health and safety of all personnel, the protection of the environment and company’s business objectives are met.
• Responsible for the implementation of Contractor’s wellsite HSE and the conformity to all company safety policies and programmes.
• Works in collaboration with all contributors to and participants in the operations to ensure all required equipment and tools are available at the wellsite or is available for call out.
• Prepares a 7 and 14 day ‘Lookahead’ for logistics and personnel planning based on the current operations and upcoming operation.
• Ensures that Well Control and Pressure Control Standards are met in all respects
• Reviews and recommends optimization of well intervention and UBCTD programmes/procedures.
• Ensures the contractors meet all requirements of their contract.
• Works with all contributors to and participants in the operations to ensure that modern, industry-standard practices are followed.
• Checks and approves records of all movements to and from and wellsite attendance by all contributors to and participants in the operations.
• Male, 65 y/o and below
• Current IWCF Certified, Level 4 as a minimum
• At least 15 years of experience in Drilling, Workover, Well Services, Intervention operations, of which 5 years shall have been in a Wellsite Supervisory role for UBCTD operations
• Knowledgeable on slickline, wireline, coiled tubing, UBD, well flowback and clean-up, well effluent waste management, etc.
• Experience working in H2S environment
• Experience with tight oil and gas reservoirs
• Depleted reservoir operations - UBD/HPHT experience
• Experience in thru-tubing whipstock and window milling is mandatory
• Experience in UBCTD operations on low and high-pressure gas, gas-condensate, and carbonate wells in middle east is mandatory
• Experience in drilling with multiphase energized drilling fluids (nitrified water, foam) is mandatory
• Experience in Open Wells reporting system
About the Company
RTC-1 Employment Services is a licensed recruitment firm based in Dubai, UAE. Our team has been in the market since 2004 and we are supporting various industries with their staffing needs across the Middle East and Africa.