Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Uniform Attendant and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To maintain to the required standard of all linen, uniforms and fabrics used in the hotel by guests and staff.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Segregate all uniforms based on different departments and tags
- Follow procedures for the above processes as established by the Laundry Manager
- Carefully sort out all uniforms and send them for wash outside laundry
- Mark all items for laundering paying attention to uniform numbers and sequences
- Pay particular attention to any items requiring re wash
- Take proper count and prepare outgoing bills
- Attend daily briefings with Supervisor and accomplish daily tasks as instructed
- Report to supervisors any stained or torn staff uniform before beginning process of cleaning. Also report any items left in pockets or any jewelry on clothing
- Check for any palm pins or name badges received from staff and handed them to supervisor
- Ensure proper records of shoes, uniforms
- Greet every staff with smile
- Any discrepancies to be immediately reported to the supervisor
- Ensure uniform room is never unattended to and must adhere to duty timings
- Ensure working area is kept clean and organized
- Present staff laundry as instructed
- Adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Carry out valet services as needed including delivery of linen
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Secondary education
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar capacity in the hospitality industry.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.