Job description / Role
Mediclinic Middle East is looking to fill a Unit Manager – Maternity to be based in Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital was established in 2008 with a total licensed capacity of 134 beds. This JCI accredited hospital offers the very highest standard of healthcare, delivered by a highly qualified team of medical experts.
During 2018, a significant development project was launched at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital which will see the hospital more than double in size. The new building, projected to open in 2020 and located directly adjacent to the current hospital, will house the Comprehensive Cancer Centre, modeled on Mediclinic’s existing leading oncology treatment unit at Mediclinic City Hospital in Dubai, which will feature the very latest in radiotherapy and nuclear medicine. It will also feature new services such as a paediatric high dependency unit and trauma unit, as well as additional outpatient clinics and inpatient wards.
The Unit Manager leads and manages the nursing team in the provision of patient-centric and evidence based nursing care, operational efficiency and positive patient experiences.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• At least five years relevant experience in either Managerial or Supervisory capacity in a maternity (L&D, postnatal) unit environment.
• Arabic-speaking and/or western trained/qualified candidates will be highly regarded.
Licensing and Education Requirements:
• Diploma in Midwifery with at least 3 years course duration and/or Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited institute recognised by the Department of Health - DOH or HAAD in Abu Dhabi
• Current license as a Registered Midwife and/or Nurse in home country and in current place of practice or residence
• Minimum 5 years senior nursing experience in maternity setting
• Masters in Midwifery and/or Nursing or Healthcare Administration is a plus
• Dual qualification as Registered Midwife and Registered Nurse is desirable
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic language skills will be well regarded
• Active BLS and NRP from American Heart Association is a must
• International accreditation experience is a distinct advantage
• Demonstrated understanding with regard to the nature of service culture and the process of building it
• Demonstrated ability to develop, allocate, and track budgets for the unit
• Demonstrated the ability to implement all 5 stages of the Scientific Nursing Process (assessment, planning, nursing diagnosis, implementation and evaluation)
About the Company
Mediclinic Middle East is part of Mediclinic International, one of the top 10 listed private hospital groups in the world with 52 healthcare facilities in Southern Africa, 14 in Switzerland under the name Hirslanden AG and 10 in the UAE. Their headquarters are in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Previously EHL Management Services, the company became Mediclinic Middle East when its majority shareholder, Mediclinic International, acquired all remaining shares from its partners Varkey Group and General Electric in October 2012.
Mediclinic Middle East owns and operates some of the most respected healthcare facilities in the region. These include Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Mediclinic City Hospital, Mediclinic Dubai Mall, Mediclinic Ibn Battuta, Mediclinic Meadows, Mediclinic Arabian Ranches, Mediclinic Mirdif, Mediclinic Al Qusais, Mediclinic Al Sufouh and Mediclinic Beach Road.