Job description / Role
Oracle's Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) provides commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software solutions for all major functions in the Utility Sector. These include: Customer Experience Management, Customer Billing, Meter Data Management and Market Settlements.
What You'll Do
Be the vital piece of the puzzle that connects us to the millions of businesses that need our help to evolve. You scope will be:.
- Winning new Applications license business in the Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit
- Report to a Regional Vice President in the Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit - MEA
- Have no direct reports, but lead the activities of virtual teams in support of opportunities
- Work in the utility industry on a defined set of accounts ranging from large global enterprises to mid-tier in the designated territory
- Engage with customers and prospects to present and sell Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit applications. Winning new license sales revenue in line with targets.
- Working with appropriate Oracle Partners
- Working with other Lines of Business (LOBs)
- Developing a strategy and sales plan to address designated accounts in the Northern Europe territory
- Strong focus on account selling - identify value proposition; whitespace; proactively propose applications to account
- Identify and grow partnerships to successfully address client's needs and create differentiators
- Generating and following up on leads.
- Marshalling internal and Partner resources to conduct the sales process.
- Identifying and working with the appropriate people in Oracle and the Customer.
- Facilitating and nurturing Senior Management relationships to generate active sponsorship of Oracle.
- Maintaining an understanding of Oracle's strategic direction and interpreting its relevance to the territory / industry.
- Maintaining an awareness of Oracle Utilities' current and future Application products and services.
- Actively maintaining a depth of product knowledge of Oracle solutions in the Utilities market.
- Research and communicate current industry trends, drivers and potential
- Communicate the benefits of Oracle value propositions to the market
- Work with appropriate people to co-ordinate marketing activities in order to generate leads
- Create and manage bids teams
- Produce an accurate weekly / monthly forecast and pipeline
- Build and maintain effective relationships with other Oracle LOBs to ensure resources are made available as and when required
- Establish and maintain contractual agreements between Oracle and the Customers
- Maintain customer satisfaction in with accounts throughout and beyond the implementation
- Operate in line with Oracle's business processes and procedures
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
- Attend Industry forums
What You'll Bring
Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and customer-centricity will help us become the number one cloud company in the world. We also look for:
- Proven track record in selling software applications / services to Utilities companies
- Excellent track record of meeting targets
- Demonstrated ability to close large complex deals ($1M USD upwards)
- Proven track record in building relationships at all level within utility companies
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong knowledge of the utility industry drivers in the region
- Understand funding / financial challenges in the region and be familiar with the execution of financial impacts.
A career at Oracle is defined by you. We give you the freedom-and the skills-to write your own success story. Whatever avenue you go down, you'll gain priceless learning experiences and be supported to do your best work.
Create the future with us. Apply now.
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle's competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.