Job description / Role
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be supported by mentors and coaches who will encourage you to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and learning opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IBM Consulting intern, you will work with the latest technologies and collaborate with team members to create real impact for our clients and the greater world. You will have the opportunity to bring innovative ideas forward, put your transferable skills to work, and develop and learn new skills that will support your career growth. During your internship experience, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work alongside a global community of 6000+ interns and meet other IBMers during networking events, special team events and career development activities
- Grow your skills through a combination of education platforms, and receive career guidance from your manager, coach, and mentor to get everything you need to shape the start of your career
- Learn about a client's industry, tackle new challenges, and learn about how their business and technology intersect
- Participate on a consulting project or initiative and experience first-hand how we help transform our clients business
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Availability of intern requirement (max of 30 hours/week)
- Intern must be a full time student
- Students must be in last semester / final year
- Fluent in English
- Must reside/have nationality in the country you are applying to
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.