Job description / Role
Who we are: The Concept
Level Shoes is a globally recognized retail concept and destination located in the heart of Dubai Mall and dedicated to the world of designer footwear and accessories.
The 96,000 square- foot store offers a wide range of unique services; from personal shopping, spa experiences, dedicated concierge service to regional online shopping.
The curated space is divided into 30 designer boutiques and 5 multibrand areas each designed with its own bespoke personality: Women's Designer, Contemporary, Men' s Designer, Trends and Kids.
Here, in the heart of Dubai, Level Shoes is a retail experience unlike any other, offering over 250 international designer brands of which more than 100 are exclusive to Level.
Our Omnichannel Vision
We believe the future of luxury fashion retail will be defined by the reinvention of our consumer experience, through online and offline integrations. Our ambition is to merge the excitement of the physical experience with the convenience of a digital world in order to create a magical experience for our customers.
The brand's website has been running since 2015 and is now serving 6 markets. We have a very high ambition for Level Shoes to become the online flagship for the Group. The growth will be exponential, starting with a focus on the GCC market, and gradually conquering the rest of the world.
Level Shoes, part of Chalhoub Group is looking for a UX/UI Web Designer to join its newly formed Technology team based in Dubai, UAE. Reporting directly to the Senior Product Manager
Our UX/UI Web Designer will turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you'll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients' needs and help us grow our customer base.
What you'll be doing:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
What you'll need to succeed:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.