Job description / Role
Key responsibilities in this role include
• Engage with prospective retailers to build excitement for the category which ultimately leads to listings for our NGP portfolio
• Show a passion for the category that is infectious for the retailer and that will convert retailers into brand ambassadors.
• Act as first point of contact with the retailer for any issues relating to our products or services within area.
• Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction of the retailer.
• Ensure customer base is visited in-line with agreed call plan and schedule, that best meets customer needs and demand.
• Effective use of technology to support communication to the customer.
• Drive sales in partnership with the retailer and with the consumer at heart.
• Ensure the right blu assortment is available in all visited stores at all times.
• Makes sure that all products are placed in line with merchandising standards and in a way that is most effective for each store, with the shopper journey in mind.
• Identify and communicate merchandising requirements to ensure the best possible sales.
• Ensure stock levels are in line with customer demand and properly managed (perform stock rotation to ensure only freshest stock is available for the consumers).
• Manage stock in van properly (storage, handling and reconciliation).
• Ensure proper tracking and timely collection of payments.
• Conduct store visits in-line with pre-agreed agenda and messaging.
• Implement tasks in call efficiently and with maximum care for customer’s time and requirements during the call.
• Identify, agree with customer and install displays and POSM in the visited universe. Ensure most effective placement in line with the shopper journey.
• Negotiate and manage contracts/agreements with customers for the placement of displays and promotions.
• Communicate product sales promotions to customers effectively, ensuring maximum impact.
• Manage outlet promotional plans and schedule, supervise promoters if needed.
• Find new and innovative ways of meeting the demands and needs of retailer and consumer.
• Implement journey plan in a way that ensures efficient and effective coverage of account base.
Reporting & Analyzing
• Understand customer needs and shopper dynamics within the retail outlet.
• Collate feedback from the field and share it with the line manager and sales team.
• Collect relevant Sales data (fiscal, distribution, bench marking competitors) and share it with the line manager on time.
• Identify and report new business opportunities through a robust understanding of the category and customer behavior
• Monitor and report on competitor activity.
• Utilize CRM to track and record sales activity to ensure that metrics can be accurately measured.
AED 8000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Experience & competences
• 2-4 years’ experience as sales representative in the FMCG business.
• Highly motivated and commercially driven with a proven track record in sales.
• Ability to effectively negotiate and influence with prospective retailers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
• Strong interpersonal skills with personality traits reflecting; authenticity, inclusiveness and helpfulness.
• You deliver on your promise and you are guided by: truth, simplicity, equality and the drive to always make the premium, attainable.
• Familiarity with CRM practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
• Broad understanding of merchandising standards
• Understanding of vaping / interest in vaping is desirable, but not essential
• Demonstrate ease with technology and capacity to understand technical elements of blu
• Commercial selling skills and techniques
• Strong planning, time management and organization skills
• Managing sophisticated retail relations
• CRM system
• MS Office
• Numerate and Literate
• UAE manual driving licence is essential
• English speaking (essential)
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.