Job description / Role
Inspire Selection is working with a boutique finance advisory firm, based in Dubai. Our client offers VAT assistance, CFO outsourcing, compliance advice amongst other accounting services.
The VAT team grew significantly in 2017 and they are now looking to add one more VAT expert to help with the workload.
• Help the tax department for services related to VAT and tax compliance, audits and tax accounting assignments and advisory for SME’s.
• Assist and advise SME clients on the introduction and implementation of VAT in the GCC and wider Middle East region.
• Advise clients with local and global VAT issues, including advising on the operation of VAT, transaction analysis, supply chain, business expansion.
• Identify, document, and recommend client business requirements for VAT compliance (filing) and assist with processes and systems.
• Help to prepare VAT training presentations aimed at external (SME’s) and internal audiences.
• Maximize efficiencies in working and reporting systems to reduce the VAT/Duty liabilities where possible within the legislative framework.
• Review existing contracts, accounting systems and procedures to advise clients on VAT implications and inclusions.
• Help to advise and assist SME clients on VAT, FATCA, CRS and other tax related matters.
• Help with seminars, training programs for internal as well as SME clients on VAT, FATCA and CRS as required.
• Consistently keep abreast of latest developments and implication of VAT, FATCA and CRS in Middle East region.
• Compiling VAT returns and reviewing partial exemption special methods to assist SME clients.
• Provide support in order to minimize tax risks associated with international business operations and dealings.
AED 20,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Qualified accountant
• Min 5 years experience in a pure VAT consulting role
• Working in a top accounting firm
• Must be able to join in less than 1 month
• Exposure to European VAT is desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills as this is a client-facing role
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.