Job description / Role
We are looking to recruit a VAT compliance auditor and consultant with an extensive background in VAT and indirect-Tax. The role is the implementation and compliance for our clients. The role will be heavily client facing, working towards the expansion of the service line. The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent local travel, give seminars/training and undertake a variety of VAT audit and consultancy services in an efficient and professional manner. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced big 4 partner team and help shape the future of the firm. The team are driven to succeed and strive to provide real value to our clients.
• Perform VAT compliance and audit procedures on clients tax returns.
• Working both independently and alongside partner and VAT Team to promote and manage the practice and VAT compliance services to the firm.
• Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to clients and potential clients.
• Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
• Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
• Working with finance and commercial teams to support on billing arrangements. Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
• Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Outputs and Inputs Tax reviews and compliance; Contract reviews and; any ad-hoc work required by clients in order to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
• Support the expansion of VAT Compliance and consultancy Services and generate income through the achievement of sales targets.
• Comprehensive experience of the VAT guidelines and regulations in the UAE
• Experience in dealing with clients demands and requests
• Good communication, coaching and presentation skills
• Ability to make well informed decisions on complex raw data complying with any relevant legislation
• Good commercial mind to make value judgments and recognise potential growth opportunities
• Excellent IT skills – in particular the use of Microsoft office applications
• Driving license and ability to travel across the UAE to client sites
• Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
• Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals
• Work with the intercompany accounting team to ensure indirect tax requirements are implemented
• Drive and implement changes required to indirect tax compliance processes as a result of changes to indirect tax legislation
• Identify cash flow and tax benefits related to indirect taxes for various business units
• Basic VAT and audit knowledge
• Knowledge of different ERP systems
• Knowledge in other areas of VAT and Tax
• Will have 3+ years progressive tax experience including a minimum of 1-2 years Indirect tax experience working in International Indirect tax.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration, VAT Diploma is a plus
• Progressive tax experience with some exposure to international transactional taxes in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a multinational corporation
• Experience and knowledge with UAE and International Indirect-tax is required.
• Experience managing a transactional tax compliance function
• Experience and knowledge in IFRS and tax regulations, laws and standards
• Advanced data analytics skills (including proficiency in Excel)
• Ability to understand and work with ERP systems,
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interface with senior management
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to lead international tax compliance through hiring and development
• Professional certification in taxation and accounting.
About the Company
XB4 was formed in Pennsylvania in 2003, in the wake of the Enron-Andersen collapse, when serious quality and confidence challenges were facing the accounting world, and in particular the Big Four. Founded by a CPA with years of experience working in and out of the Big Four Accounting firms, XB4’s earliest goal was to deliver assurance, tax and financial advisory services that combined integrity and transparency with highly individualized professional care. In other words, bigger is not necessarily better.
All our clients are important. All their concerns are significant, and all our clients can expect that with XB4 they will receive services that will add value to their organizations or businesses. At XB4, our goal is to serve and protect the interest of our profession, therefore, we are here to deliver more than just a name.
We pride ourselves on a team that comprises of former Big Four Partners and staff. They bring with them decades of experience across a range of industries and organizations, in the public and private sectors, both profit and non-profit entities. Our approach combines a number of key ingredients that makes XB4 unique from other firms:
- thorough understanding of the applicable Standards and regulations;
- strong competency in local and international best industry practices;
- use and rely on the latest and best technology;
- individualized research;
- accessibility to our clients and communities; and
- trusted, honest, reliable, and timely service.
At XB4, we believe ethics are real values, and not just another box on a check-list. If you share our values, please join us!