Job description / Role
UAE Trading Group is seeking a proactive VAT Specialist who will manage VAT implementation strategies and compliance, and will work closely with the Group’s accounting and IT teams to coordinate tax return filings and other VAT-related matters. The potential VAT Specialist should possess an in-depth indirect tax technical knowledge and be able to demonstrate ability to identify and manage tax risks. The ideal candidate will act as the day-to-day contact between different departments with respect to VAT advisory matters and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Compliance and accounting of VAT liabilities relating to the Group’s operations.
• Managing VAT implementation strategies, executing VAT compliance, planning and internal procedures.
• Preparing, validating and submitting all required VAT returns, supporting schedules and any documentation/responses as may be required by the Federal Tax Authority.
• Implementation of VAT principles, policies and processes to ensure completion and compilation of VAT mechanism across the Group.
• Acting as the single point of contact for all VAT-related activities and providing periodic training and mentorship to departments within the Group concerning VAT implementation, documentation and compliance.
• Keeping abreast of all VAT-related laws and rules.
• Determining the VAT compliance implications associated with various business initiatives/proposals.
• Ensuring compliance of VAT data collection, review, consolidation, preparation and payment of quarterly VAT liability.
• Preparing and submitting to the management monthly reports on the VAT activities of the Group.
• Professional certification in tax or accounting.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in VAT transactions.
• VAT compliance background including preparation and review of tax returns.
• Good data analytics skills (including proficiency in Excel) and problem-solving skills.
• Effectiveness in prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment and ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Arabic an advantage) and ability to interface with all levels of management.
• Experience in accounting concepts and tax regulations, laws and standards.
• Strong sense of responsibility and accountability combined with ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
About the Company
UAE Trading opened the doors of its first boutique in 1972 when the UAE was still laying down the groundwork for a progressive economy and were the first retailers in the country to offer luxury brands to the local market.
Today the company owns and operates 24 multi-brand boutiques, 20 of which are under the RODEO DRIVE trade name & 4 of which are called VIA RODEO, as well as 23 mono-brand franchise stores with more coming soon. Focusing solely on working with some of the worlds most famous luxury brands has earned the company a strong reputation for its high standards among the thousands of UAE residents & tourists that it counts amongst its clientele.
Noor Al Hilal
Yoox Net A Porter Group
Midmac Colas Asphalt Company
A Leading Oil Trading and Shipping Company in the UAE
A Leading Multi-Disciplinary Planning and Design Firm in UAE