Vendor Development Officer
Job description / Role
To execute and manage a rigorous vendor, pre-qualification, re-qualification, vendor performance evaluation and vendor performance improvement process for all vendors associated with NOMAC International division, ensuring that all contracted vendors meet NOMAC’s minimum standards and requirements as well as their performance is improved on a continuous basis.
You will be working closely with supply chain teams at the country as well as Corporate level, Plant Operations and Maintenance Teams, IT Team, IMS team, Internal Auditors, Finance Team etc.
Vendor Pre-qualification Management
• In coordination with the purchasing officer , determine the qualification criterion for the vendor.
• Coordinate with the procurement officers to obtain all necessary forms / documentations with regards to financial information, trade licenses, company details, prior experience, references etc. in line with the procedure and the category of supplier qualification, to ensure the documentation is submitted and reviewed in time.
• Review the request and documents submitted by the suppliers for registration, coordinate and conduct site survey at the suppliers’ premises if required and assesses their capabilities, make recommendations to obtain approvals from evaluation committee and advise the suppliers of any possible improvements in their capabilities.
• Develop and maintain approved vendor listings and provide feedback to any/all vendors that do not meet NOMAC’s requirements, to ensure they are aware of their shortcomings.
• Coordinate and facilitate the vendor pre-qualification meetings, presentation, inviting all bidders to attend the meetings in order to share NOMAC’s requirements and selection process.
Vendor Performance evaluation and improvement and Re-qualification
• Monitor and measure vendor performance on a regular basis and analyze performance data, in coordination with the buyer / business to ensure that the Supply Chain team and the respective business leaders are aware of the overall performance.
• Identify the Areas of improvement in vendors and in coordination with the buyer and Procurement Manager, put in place actions for the vendor performance improvement as well as monitor the actions implementation on a continuous basis.
• Manage and ensure the inactivation / suspension of registration based on vendors bad performance in spite of efforts to improve performance results to ensure the vendor is not used for any further work within NOMAC group.
• Based on the performance evaluation as well as feedback received from the user, conduct a re-qualification process for the vendors to ensure good vendors are endorsed by NOMAC to be used again at a later stage as well as phasing out non- performing vendors.
• Coordinate the functional audits covering the pre-qualification & registration based on the vendor category, procedures and work methods, to ensure the implementation of remedial actions as required by the Auditors findings.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
• Develop and enhance the Vendor registration & pre-qualification procedures and policies in close coordination with the SC Excellence Manager
• Adhere to all relevant organizational and departmental policies and processes
• A Bachelor degree holder in Business administration, Engineering, Materials Management, Logistics and distribution or equivalent
• 3-5 years’ experience in the vendor management
• Understanding of the SAP system
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
• Strong customer service, time management and coordination skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Eye for detail; accuracy is imperative. Demonstrated high-level of skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Knowledge of Pre-Qualification Management system strongly preferred
• Knowledge of law/regulations and contracts including terms and conditions.
• Ability to understand the material or service with a sourcing perspective.
• Ability to develop relationships with new vendors and drive improvements in their performance.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Awareness of Quality, Occupational health and safety and environment management systems.
• Understanding of procurement related risks and its possible mitigation's.
About the Company
The First National Operation and Maintenance Company "NOMAC" was founded in 2005 and firmly established in the GCC, North Africa and South, Middle Europe and East Europe regions, providing high quality O&M (Operation & Maintenance) services for power production and water desalination projects, regionally and worldwide.
Supported by accelerated global expansion, NOMAC is enabled to draw near to realize its vision of being the leading global O&M service provider in the power production and water desalination sectors.
Our broad range of services includes, but is not limited to long term O&M, major overhaul of high-tech plant equipment, and development of plant-specific Standard O&M procedures. In total, NOMAC is responsible for the operation of a portfolio of 17,146 MW of power generation and 2.83 million cubic meters per day of desalinated water production. NOMAC is the largest private sector potable water producer using desalination process in the world. NOMAC contributes 40% of water and 15% of electricity of total Saudi Arabia's Demand.