Vice President - Advisory and Regulatory Compliance
Job description / Role
Vice President Advisory and Regulatory Compliance - Permanent - UAE
Working with a leading client in the Banking Sector. We are recruiting for a leading client within the banking sector who require to bring on a Vice President of Advisory and Regulatory Compliance to provide Compliance Advisory to assigned businesses and support functions, such as Wholesale Banking, Retail Banking, Treasury, Credit, Wealth Management Insurance and Investments
Role: Vice President Advisory and Regulatory Compliance
• Responsible for Regulatory Liaison; Implementation of regulatory compliance protocols, regulatory analysis and maintenance of rule books for extraterritorial regulations such as FATCA, CRS, where applicable, Monitor regulations received and implementation of the same in the bank
• Implement and manage a Compliance Monitoring programme to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements for key regulations and business processes
• Co-ordinate with Central Bank and other regulators on behalf of the Bank
• Manage all regulatory circulars, communication, analysis and examinations conducted by regulators of the Client
• Introduce and manage Conduct Risk commensurate with the Bank’s size, complexity and maturity level
• Analyze the impact of regulatory trends and developments with respect to processes implemented in the Bank and monitor the implementation of such changes
• Manage and ensure accuracy and timely submission of Regulatory reports to the appropriate authorities, ensuring Compliance with policies and applicable regulations.
• Challenge and question processes and procedures and proactively implement suggestions from others for improvement in procedures to enhance the compliance culture
• Strong experience of Compliance Advisory to businesses and functions
• Strong experience of liaising with regulators, including all types of communication so excellent drafting and communication skills are mandatory
• Experience in providing status reporting and ensure management is kept informed of progress and issues
• Ability to ensure effective vendor coordination for increasing overall efficiencies throughout a project
• Experience in coordinating, planning and managing the execution of Business Acceptance Testing and related activities by adhering to TAT, SLA & internal (Operating Procedures) and external (Central Bank) guidelines laid down
• Ability to identify and recommend improvements to existing procedure and processes, suggest changes for improving controls and reduce cost without compromising on service quality
• Relevant experience in Compliance Advisory and Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk Management
• Knowledge of the key UAE regulations from CBUAE and SCA, as well as Operational Risk Management guidelines, practices, processes and procedures
Does this look like a role that you have experience in? To be considered for this role, please apply with your up to date CV.
N.B: only candidates who are shortlisted for this role will be contacted
About the Company
eMagine Solutions is one of the leading authorities on leadership and talent globally. Our combined resources of over 100 years professional experience mean that our clients trust us with finding them the top talent globally and candidates trust us to find them the right opportunity in a timely and confidential manner.
Throughout our offices we provide complete solutions for our clients, including traditional temporary and permanent recruitment, executive search, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), salary survey's, market mapping and training and development courses.
Our global client list work with us not only because of our expertise but also because of our honesty, integrity and passion.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Big Fish Recruitment
General Manager - Sales Operations
RTC-1 Employment Services
Private Equity & Investments Strategy Manager
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Emirates Consulting Group (ECG)