Job description / Role
The Vice President Deputy General Counsel, IMEA reports to and supports the General Counsel, IMEA in the supervision and management of the IMEA legal department, supporting Development with the negotiation and drafting of Hotel Management and Hotel Franchise Agreements, overseeing compliance and risk management, and otherwise responsible for a wide range of complex legal issues.
He/She is also responsible for instructing and managing external counsel in the region where required, developing legal precedents and templates and providing general legal support to functional divisions with legal advice .
- Support the General Counsel, IMEA in the supervision and management of the IMEA Legal Department (currently 9 members).
- Supervise the corporate administration of Accor subsidiaries and joint ventures in the region.
- Provide direct support to Development on hotel development projects, drafting the commercial agreements for hotel management, and participating in negotiations with key partners and hotel owners.
- Provide direct support to the regional vice presidents and hotel general managers on issues as they arise in hotel management such as operations matters, crisis management, public relations, disputes and litigation.
- Advise key regional business units in IMEA in all corporate and commercial matters, including advising, drafting and reviewing letters of intent, commercial contracts, sponsorship, partnership, distribution, and other forms of collaboration agreements.
- Provide advice on operational, employment, risk management, procurement, communications, brand, sales and marketing issues.
- Advise on risk, legal and ethical compliance, corporate social responsibility, data privacy.
- Provide general legal support to functional divisions (marketing and sales, talent & culture, procurement and finance) referencing policies, processes and systems.
- Assisting in developing and revising of legal precedents and templates.
- Mentoring and training.
- Business focus.
- Problem solving orientation.
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic would be an asset.
Qualifications and Experience
- LLB degree (or equivalent) and qualified to practice law in a common law or civil system.
- Have at least 10 to 15 years' experience as a practicing lawyer in a firm or in-house corporate.
- Experience in advising on corporate and commercial issues.
- Serviced-oriented with an eye for detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Good analytical ability, drafting skills and commercially savvy.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain legal issues to non-legal colleagues.
- Well-rounded individual with highly collaborative attitude to work with diverse and multicultural working culture.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Suite).
- Highly Competent,
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Senior Legal Counsel
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Regional Head of Legal - Multinational Business
Legal Associate - Dispute Resolution