Job description / Role
We are seeking a highly experienced and dynamic individual to fill in the position of Vice President - Financial Reporting who can supervise their finance team and manage the consolidation and provision of group-wide statutory and regulatory reporting.
Our client is a global investment company based in the UAE.
* Collaborating with Platform Finance teams to manage the preparation, consolidation and submission of financial and statutory reports.
* Ensure compliance within investee companies in order to consolidate reliable, transparent and high-quality asset-level data into group-wide financial disclosures
* Play a leading role in partnering with business units, regions, business partners and/or corporate to manage major aspects of financial reporting (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, target setting)
* Develop statutory reporting frameworks and procedures and guide the implementation at the platform level in accordance with international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Work with Technical IFRS team to update Accounting policies on an annual basis
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of financial reporting systems, policies, processes and practices taking into account 'international leading practice' in order to improve business productivity and operational efficiency
* Work alongside regulators and maintain contact with external auditors to understand statutory reporting requirements and resolve significant audit issues
* Ensure that all functional reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet group requirements, policies and quality standards
* Always maintain strict Financial Controls, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and delegation of authority.
* Ensure team members comply with all functional policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
* Work with Financial Governance team to ensure policies related to Financial Reporting are kept up to date
* Guide financial reporting team members on matters relating to financial reporting and reporting processes to bring in maximum efficiency
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary depending on the level of qualification and experience they have to offer. There will also be a very strong family benefits package, flight tickets, excellent health insurance and schooling.
* A minimum of a Finance or accounting Related degree
* A professional accounting qualification
* A minimum of 12 years' experience in a large-scale organization with complex business operations or experience working across various industries
* Expert knowledge of IFRS implementation in various organizations and sectors
* Experience working alongside and creating reports for senior management and board members
* Strong knowledge of accounting practices, international financial regulations and disclosure requirements
* Knowledge of ERP platforms (Oracle, Hyperion) is an advantage
In addition, the best candidate must be a flexible and adaptable character, who is highly driven to achieve success, but has a strong understanding of people both personally and professionally. They will value positive leadership, with a focus on talent development, driving a high performance, collaborative team culture. Our client is looking for an individual who takes initiative, thinks strategically and makes an active effort to influence and communicate with others.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Regional Finance Controller
Head of Finance - International FM Business
Head of Finance
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)