Job description / Role
Objectives: Are you a proven marketing leader who can drive both the strategic vision of an organization alongside the executive leadership team and working cross functionally to deliver results?
As the Vice President of Marketing, you will drive product and market strategy and assume responsibility for overseeing the planning, development and execution of PayFuture’s marketing and advertising initiatives. The Vice President - Marketing is the keeper of the brand and expected to build and drive all branding efforts. This role oversees all functions within the Marketing Team – Digital, Content, PR/Communications and Product Marketing.
This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation that is currently going through an inspiring growth phase, as we continuously deliver year-on-year. We are looking for someone who is excited about having a big impact at Payfuture and is passionate about heavily impacting revenue and customer experience.
Main responsibilities: As our Vice President - Marketing, you will have these main objectives:
Company Brand and Positioning: As the custodian of the organization’s brand, you will provide strategic counsel on the company's marketing, brand strategy and positioning as it enters its next phase of growth. You will bring to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences, that will promote the company as an innovator to the press and public.
Marketing Strategy & Research: Creating and owning the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products & features. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You will also conduct customer research and apply your insights to the outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog and social channels.
Customer Acquisition & Engagement: Designing and delivering campaigns including choosing methods, platforms and strategies through which Payfuture will attract new leads. You will be the voice of the customer within the organization, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, user experience, engineering and executive leadership.
Investor Relations: Nurturing existing relationships with key partners / investors, aligning on mutual goals and driving adoption through a variety of co-marketing efforts.
Marketing Budgets & Reporting: Managing the Marketing budget for all regions as well as conducting forecasts. You will ensure projects, campaigns and budgets are managed for success and tactics are being optimized towards OKRs, KPIs, and ROI. This will also include measuring the performance of all paid marketing channels/campaigns and assessing against ROI and KPI goals including merchant acquisition and retention
Networking and Events: Identifying and understanding trends within the market and amongst consumers, you will pursue opportunities that increase visibility for the brand. You will build the Content and Events strategy with an integrated delivery plan to support the sales efforts and position Payfuture as a thought leader in the industry and across verticals. You will successfully build links with relevant industry and trade bodies to grow our expertise and influence.
You will work closely alongside:
• The Leadership Team to facilitate the needs of the overall business
• Sales and Partnerships teams to jointly increase adoption via partners
• Product teams to refine UX, Copy and Messaging
• Internal Marketing & Human Resources teams
• External Partners / Agencies
Together, we will build:
• A team of domain experts responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Marketing such as Brand Management, PR, Digital engagement and Internal / External Communications
• Tracking & Analyzing metrics to determine opportunities for growth, increased efficiency, and improvement
• A growth habit and a data-driven culture, including instrumentation and attribution
As a Valuable Payfuture Partner you will:
• Receive a competitive salary
• Be enrolled into our Employee Share Option Scheme
• Have autonomy from day one - you'll see your ideas become reality and truly transform how Payfuture works. You will set up systems and processes from scratch and truly define the direction of the Operations team
• The opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skillset
• Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that is working hard to revolutionise payments in emerging markets
• Receive additional benefits as we grow
Our Hiring Process:
Our hiring process is designed to be agile and a candidate who’s applying for the Operations Director role will go through the following steps:
• Our Hiring Team will review your application as soon as we get it
• Our Recruiter will contact you to learn more about your experience, detail the role and understand your motivations
• A call / meeting with our Chief People and Culture Officer
• A call / meeting with the Hiring Manager
• Interview with our Co-Founders
• DISC Assessment
You will be a good fit if you:
• Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in the marketing discipline with a minimum of 10-12 years of overall experience that includes having built a world-class marketing team from scratch
• Have worked in a public-listed company, managing marketing budgets of more than USD 10 Mn annually
• Have built affiliate programs in multiple continents and led an internationally focused high-volume B2B client acquisition
• Were a major contributor to Series A (or later) fund-raising or an IPO
• Have a FinTech or a general e-commerce background, with experience of having worked in emerging markets (preferred)
About the Company
PayFuture is an AI technology based innovative payment gateway connector offering the ability to connect to local payment solutions across multiple global emerging market regions and enabling offshore merchants to enter new revenue streams and access emerging markets with ease. Using one simple API you simply use PayFuture’s switch/connector gateway function to access all emerging market country’s local payment options giving you instant availability to the most popular payment options per region.
With a single integration our fully featured PayFuture gateway allows our merchants to accept payments in new and sometimes difficult to enter emerging market regions. As internet usage grows in these regions so does the opportunity for e-commerce merchants, local as well as international, to enter these new markets and find previously untapped markets for growth. With AI/machine learning the PayFuture gateway offers competitive advantages in areas such as customer journey, increasing approval rates as well as conversion recovery to decrease a merchant’s loss of revenue. Opening new markets means that we offer the most popular local payment methods that are available and ensure that our merchant’s profitability increases.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Prime Co. Middle East
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
Group Vice President
RTC-1 Employment Services
Brand General Manager - Multinational Beauty Business