Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Group Communication
Mubadala's Group Communications division are the custodians of the Mubadala Investment Company brand and our mission is to build, protect and promote the Mubadala Group's reputation.
We support the group to deliver on its mandate through world-class internal and external communications. Through our business partners and centers of expertise, we provide communications counsel, services and employee engagement across the group.
As a global communications function, we are committed to developing top-tier communications capabilities through alignment with international best practices and standards. We have an award-winning team, which has received industry acknowledgment of our great work and exceptional people.
To oversee the development and the implementation of the communications strategy and plans for the platform and sectors, in line with the overall group communications strategy.
Act as an expert advisor to the Platform CEO in matters related to communications and public relations, to promote the achievements of the platform in a powerful and compelling manner, raising Mubadala Investment Company's visibility and brand equity regionally and globally.
Strategy and Performance Management
- Ensure that the annual communication plan for the platform is integrated and aligned with the overarching Group Communications strategy.
- Support in the monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators related to the communications function within the platform in order to track performance and recommend corrective action.
Strategic Communication Advice
- Support the provision of advice to the Platform CEO to support communications and public relations needs, through the development of speeches, correspondence and announcements, in order to ensure that leadership messages are conveyed in a compelling manner and in line with the company's overall group communications strategy.
- Provide technical communications advice to Mubadala Investment Company's sectors and, as required, to their affiliated assets, in order to support the definition of their communications strategy and align on key messages to be conveyed to their target audiences, thus ensuring that the group resorts to a unified approach to communications.
- Coordinate with the assigned platform to understand the differentiating factors of the sector and the global market, define critical communication success factors, identify potential challenges and issues, etc. in order to recommend communication solutions and communication programs, which attract and appeal to the target audiences.
- Design, develop and seek approval for market-specific communication initiatives and material, and use the most suitable channels in order to ensure optimum promotion of Mubadala Investment Company brand across the local and global markets.
- Ensure alignment of the platform communication voice with the organisation's image, culture, values and behaviours in order to ensure that Mubadala Investment Company's consistent voice is reflected in all the platform's internal and external communications.
- Collaborate with the External Corporate Relations Division to plan, design and implement digital communication initiatives and services for the assigned platform in order to ensure that the image, brand and reputation of the platform and its assets is well communicated and visible to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage in the organisation and planning of local and / or regional events and conferences for the platform and assets, in collaboration with the relevant Group Communications divisions, to ensure that Mubadala Investment Company's brand and values are consistently promoted and showcased.
- Ensure that the platform benefits from the deep communications expertise present at the corporate level through liaising the platform to the communications centres of excellence, such as the digital communications team, the graphic design team, the operations planning teams, the sponsorship teams etc.
Policies, System, Processes and Procedures
- Ensure assets understand and abide by the Group Communications Policy
- Provide approval on all external announcements and escalate to CCC when needed.
- Recommend improvements to functional procedures, and ensure implementation of policies, procedures, systems and controls covering the assigned areas of responsibility so that all activities meet Mubadala Investment Company's standards, compliance, and regulatory requirements, align to business requirements, and increase operational efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international leading practice', in order to improve business processes, and increase operational effectiveness.
- Ensure that all functional reports are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in mass communications or equivalent.
- Preferably a post-graduate degree such as Master's in in marketing, communications or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in communications.
- Preferably, experience in a large-scale organization with complex and multi-sectorial business operations or experience working in various industries.
- At least 3 years in a managerial / supervisory position .
- Additional relevant experience is an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of the particular platform, within which Mubadala Investment Company operations, and ability to develop communication plans and solutions catering to specific business requirements.
- In-depth understanding of the strategic role of internal communications to effect positive transformational change and enable the achievement of business objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing, crisis management, digital communications, and event management.
- In-depth knowledge of brand management, public relations, employee engagement
- In-depth knowledge of the latest communications techniques and practices in order to continue to enhance communication efforts.
- Strong ability to develop and execution communication plans and programs.
- In-depth knowledge of communication and influencing techniques and ability to deal with people across a wide range of functions and at all levels within and outside the organization
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.