Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
Our Graphic Designer responsible for designing art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications on various platforms. Our Graphic Designer is also responsible for conceptualizing, creating, studying and preparing illustrations and photographs to plan presentations.
- Meet team to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts, choose the appropriate media, arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type to meet objectives
- Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research to clarify design issues
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with the team and making necessary changes
- Review and control final layout and suggest improvements as needed, and present final layout to the requesting team for approval
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer on paper, film, or disk
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer Software
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, Internet websites, E-commerce, Emailers, Social Media, PR invites, outdoor media, mobile applications, event decorations, and other relevant requirements
- Participate in social media and e-mail correspondence
- Use a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs
- Work and coordinate with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, website designers and marketing specialists
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Translate abstract concepts into visual illustrations using translator
- Maintain image resource files
What you'll need to succeed
- A bilingual English and Arabic speaker is a must
- You have experience working in a eCommerce platform producing mostly digital content
- Strong knowledge of video editing
- You have an eye for editing videos in a seamless and interesting way
- You come from a fashion, beauty or accessories background
- You have a portfolio ready to go and have put this in your application
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.