Job description / Role
At Amazon, we strive to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon Product Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Middle East focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, proficient and versatile Videographer to join our team. Joining our team provides a unique opportunity to help represent the Amazon brand visually, set global video standards, and innovate with creative sensibility for our customers. A successful candidate will be an effective communicator that can handle multiple projects from beginning to end, under tight and evolving deadlines.
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who will manage all aspects of video production from concept through final delivery, ensuring that all elements confirm to the core tenants of the specific video format or program and the creative vision. This is a hands-on position that includes executing creative direction, creating category specific templates, establishing procedures, building production workflows, and ensuring visual consistency across multiple projects and categories, While continuously raising the bar on quality.
Reporting to the Studio Manager while working closely with internal business teams and category teams, you start with the customer in mind and understand the powerful role that video content can play in supporting business goals and creating an engaging customer journey. You will be skilled in developing new resources for video projects, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and directing outside agencies/production companies. You will motivate your creative teammates and encourage fresh thinking and new approaches to video.
You will inspire confidence by your project management and tenacity in meeting deadlines, and show an unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts. You will provide clear ownership and accountability to anything you drive and see it through beyond completion. You will support CX and Category teams to measure performance via experimentation (AB & Usability Testing) and continuously implement learnings. You will show a relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business priorities.
• Own the product feature video content production process by partnering (on-site & remotely) with studio operations in activities such as scheduling, planning, and resourcing.
• Act as the SPOC between the studio, 3P agencies, CX, and category teams for intake, execution, QC and timely delivery of these videos.
• Keep track of feedback, revisions and project communications, while working to reduce turnaround time (TAT) by improving processes and resource proficiency.
• Consistently track and showcase relevant inspiring work to motivate and inspire creative production teams.
• Attend weekly program or business reviews, understand and respond to customer data or anecdotes, participate in periodic video content strategy discussions and workshops.
• Pilot new video formats in collaboration with the CX team and studio creatives.
• Should be able to drive scalability and repeatability by building (or commissioning) standard operating processes (SOPs), style guides, pre-sets and templates for video imaging or other creative processes.
• Partner with key program members to identify opportunities and drive efficiencies by way of continuous process improvement, internalization of 3P dependent functions, technology and automation.
• Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in photography, videography or related field
• Experience in managing/leading people to execute multiple projects in a fast-paced production environment, under tight deadlines with attention to detail.
• Excellent written/verbal/presentational communication skills and collaborative skills
• Experience in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams for tech or experimentation related functions.
• Strong proof reading and content creation skills.
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
• Supervise and direct projects with outside creative agencies and production companies
• Understanding of the video production process, equipment, technology and roles
• Self-disciplined, diligent, detail oriented and accurate
• Experience working in a metrics/productivity-based environment
• Demonstrate ability to analyze problems logically
• Demonstrate positive, results oriented attitude open to stakeholder feedback
• Ability to compose grammatically correct, concise and accurate written correspondence
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.