Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Villa Design Manager
• Reporting to the senior design manager, this role will be responsible for the design delivery as part of this large mixed-use scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the design delivery with external consultants and the client.
• Supervising the procurement of all consultants required to produce the design.
• Overseeing the time and cost aspects of the delivery including change control.
• Monitoring and reporting regularly on the progress of all aspects of the works including construction delivery and handover.
• Visiting the site regularly and monitoring the construction works on a regular basis including leading on problem solving and risk management.
• Attending and minuting all the project meetings.
• Managing and monitoring the duties of the engineer in relation to inspections and quality control of the works and take appropriate actions as required to rectify any issues found.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Experience working in the Middle East and international project delivery.
• Major residential development project experience is essential for client approval.
• Practical knowledge of construction techniques, including buildings and infrastructure.
• Ability to build, develop and integrate within teams.
• Good IT skills.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• A relevant degree qualification.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.