Job description / Role
Our client, a European Embassy, is seeking a VIP Visit Manager to work from their Embassy in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. The jobholder will support the Embassy personnel during the period of Expo 2020, on a fixed term contract from 14th November 2021 to March 2022.
• The jobholder will play a leading role in the cross-departmental team responsible for designing and managing high level visits to locations across the UAE, including visits to Expo2020.
• The jobholder may be based in Abu Dhabi or Dubai, but will need to be flexible in travelling frequently between the two. The number of days spent at each location will be agreed with the jobholder.
• This is a challenging and rewarding role, which requires flexibility and creativity, as well as excellent organisational skills.
• The jobholder will need to demonstrate the ability both to operate with a high degree of autonomy and to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside the Embassy to ensure highly professional and efficient delivery of visits.
• Working closely with the Ambassador and Senior Leadership Team, the Political Section, the Expo 2020 Pavilion team, the Corporate Services Section, and other colleagues in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai Embassies, as well as Government Departments in the UK, the jobholder will need to engage confidently and effectively with people at all levels, including key contacts in the UAE Government.
• Good problem solving and judgement skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver results quickly, including under pressure, are essential.
• The jobholder will need to plan thoroughly, to foresee and mitigate risks, and to respond to unforeseen obstacles, including last minute changes to visit programmes
• Management of all logistical arrangements, including accommodation reservations and management of any special requirements, transport plans, hire of additional vehicles, vehicle passes, and ensuring smooth movement to and around the Expo site
• Liaison with Events Officers who are managing content and choreography of events and supporting them in liaising with venues and hosts
• Designing and issuing invitations for events and managing RSVPs
• Note taking and other administrative support to the visit team.
• Ensure an effective and efficient flow of information between the Corporate Services Section and the Political and Expo 2020 Pavilion teams on all visit logistics
• On the ground support to visiting delegations during VIP visits and preparatory recce visits by the VIPs’ teams.
The above list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change. The jobholder will be required to be flexible and to take on other tasks as required.
Skills and Requirements:
• At least three (3) years’ experience working in an office support or executive assistant role and/or direct experience in delivering VIP visits.
• Excellent customer service skills, with a key focus on communication (both written and oral) in English. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely.
• Strong organisational and analytical skills. Ability to organise and prioritise workload, organise records, and meet deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining close attention to detail and without compromising the quality of the work.
• Team player, with proven ability in collaborating and supporting others to deliver results whilst also capable of working on own initiative and adapting to changing priorities.
• Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with all stakeholders. Able to show discretion in handling sensitive matters, with the trust of all involved.
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams).
• Holds a degree level qualification or equivalent workplace experience.
• Previous relevant experience working with government or in an embassy/foreign diplomatic mission or an international organisation, and/or in the delivery of Corporate Services, would be an advantage, as would knowledge of written and spoken Arabic.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Operations Coordinator
RTC-1 Employment Services
Logistics Coordinator (Industrial Projects - 3PL)
Search Heads Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services
Operations Manager (Staff Transport & Accommodation )
RTC-1 Employment Services