Job description / Role
BigFish Recruitment are a Dubai based recruitment and HR consultancy company. On behalf of our client ServeU, who have been appointed as the HR Services and Staffing provider to the UK Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, we are seeking talented individuals to work in the United Kingdom’s Pavilion at the Dubai EXPO 2020 event. Visitors to the Pavilion will be provided with an interactive, high tech visitor experience.
We are currently seeking a Visits and Logistics Officer to join the UK Pavilion team. The purpose of the UK Pavilion Visits and Logistics Officer is to support the UK Pavilion Senior Leadership Team, coordinate and deliver high level and VIP visits and Pavilion logistics. Tasks include logistics, transport, administration and collaboration with key stakeholders in the UAE, Embassy and Expo counterparts during Expo 2020 Dubai.
Office Hours 9am-6pm (including breaks) on a rotating schedule to cover a 7-day operation. Weekend work will be required.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Coordination of VIP and ministerial visits to the UK Pavilion and wider Expo site, supporting the Senior Leadership Team in every stage of the visit (from notification to planning, delivery and wrap-up). This will include liaising with Protocol, Security, Media and Government Relations teams.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders on visits – including the UK Expo team, British Embassy, central Expo team and UAE government entities.
- Manage visit administration and logistics – including drafting of detailed transport plan, programme curation and facilitation of necessary site wide movements.
- Manage multiple overlapping visits and planning of future visits in tandem, prioritising essential activities and balancing demands.
- As necessary, support the drafting of briefing packs.
- Responsibility for all Pavilion logistics. This will include responsibility for transportation (goods and people), deliveries, accommodation, and storage.
- Working with Expo and the Government relations team to clear customs for goods if required.
- Support on administrative tasks and other ad-hoc tasks as they arise.
- Perform duties whilst adhering to Expo 2020 Covid-19 guidelines and SOPs as instructed during the training and as laid out in the staff handbook
- An excellent command of English (essential) and other the local language(s) (desired)
- Experience delivering high level VIP visits on an international stage
- Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills
- Experience building strong relationships with wide ranging stakeholders and excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A good communicator, flexible and excellent team player
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Middle East Executive
The Kanoo Group
Manno Trading DMCC
KYB Middle East
Middle East Executive