Job description / Role
Our client, a European governmental organisation is seeking an EXPO 2020 Visits Support Officer to work at their Embassy in Dubai. The jobholder will support the Embassy during the period of Expo 2020, on a fixed term contract from Sep 2021 - Mar 2022.
During the period of Expo 2020 the Embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai are expecting a high number of ministerial and other VIP visits to the UAE. The job holder will play a key logistical and administrative support role for these visits, and help the wider Corporate Services team manage the associated increased logistical requirements. Working closely with multiple individuals and Departments in both the UAE and overseas, the jobholder will need to engage confidently and effectively with people at all levels, including key contacts within the UAE Government. Good problem solving and judgement skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver results quickly are essential, as the jobholder will frequently need to support the response to unforeseen obstacles, including last minute changes to visit programmes. Although based in Dubai, the jobholder may need to travel to Abu Dhabi, however a UAE driving licence is not essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Logistical support for high-impact visit programmes, both to the Expo 2020 Pavilion and Embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
• Administration support for protocol arrangements around visits
• Liaising with stakeholders to produce a draft visit programme
• Liaise with outer office staff of the Ambassador, the Deputy Head of Mission and Expo 2020 team to arrange for senior Embassy based staff to accompany visitors on calls or to the Expo 2020 Pavilion
• In conjunction with the Embassy Transport Team, organise transport and produce a transport schedule.
• Ensure that all security clearance details are submitted for the visiting party and accompanying embassy staff
• Maintain a central record of all visit programmes, briefing packs and records to inform future visits.
• Monitor and improve Embassy visit policy, liaising with and agreeing our assistance with Protocol Department.
• High degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook and Sharepoint.
• Demonstrate advanced ability to communicate fluently, effectively, and persuasively in English (both orally and in writing)
• High-level organisational and coordination skills, including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, proactively identify and resolve potential problems
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work both autonomously and in a team, and to work effectively with clients, including at senior levels
• Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Logistics Support Officer
Big Fish Recruitment
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant
Media Officer - Expo 2020
Big Fish Recruitment
Office Coordinator - Monday to Friday
Irwin & Dow
Administrator / Personal Assistant