Job description / Role
Our client, an event management organization based in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Visual Arts Executive. In this role, you are expected to provide specialized and internationally accredited art knowhow for planning, arranging, sustaining and improving events/programs that cater to organization’s strategic objectives in the Visual Arts Department. You will also conduct and provide on-going research to support the development of visual arts initiatives as well as exhibitions.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Assist the Visual Arts -Sr. Project Manager and Project Executive in organizing the Visual Arts Exhibition from planning to execution.
• Contribute to concept adjustments, budget, implementation and direct marketing of the Visual Arts Exhibition.
• Maintain a detailed record of expenditures across multiple payment methods and liaise with the Finance Department.
• Support in holding events and exhibition activities such as workshop days, public talks, VIP tours and networking events.
• Give guided tours to exhibition guests and groups during the Exhibition.
• Assist in the supervision of suppliers.
• Manage volunteers in Exhibition.
• Actively engage in the development of The Nationals’ Gallery initiative by programming 3 roundtable seminars every year.
• Organize the 3 roundtable seminars from concept, speakers list, venue, budget, timeline, logistics to execution.
• Maintain relations with the artists by updating them with residencies and international programs.
• Keep track of the inventory of artists and research for potential candidates to join
• Prepare social media updates on the Roundtable Seminars
• Support the Visual Arts team in planning for the art exhibition (budget, logistics, set up, activation)
• Offer ground support with guest relations and educational programs
• Promote the pavilion events through direct marketing
• Keep track of visitor numbers and manage volunteers
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• A minimum of 4-6 years relevant experience in research, development and project management in an arts organization/foundation.
• Visual Arts background (Art History, Museology, Design or Cultural Studies)
• Interest in Emirati Art, background in Arab and International Art desirable
• Familiarity with UAE-based art institutions and cultural organizations
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.