Job description / Role
Visual Merchandiser / Graphic Designer Executive - Dubai
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
Visual Merchandiser / Graphic Designer Executive
THE BEAUTY MAKERS
Do you have a passion for...
- Forming genuine connections with customers, internal and external, to create a memorable work?
- Joining a disruptive retail environment where we're always rewriting the rules?
- Working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- Taking risks, trying new things and where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- A positive and collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect and trust?
- Confer with client servicing regarding background, objectives, presentation approach and selection of media â€¨
- Meet clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Interpret the client's business needs and develop a concept to suit their purpose
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts, choose the appropriate media, the arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type to meet the client's objectives
- Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research to clarify design issues
- Estimate the time required to complete the work and prepare a timeline
- Present samples to the management or client for selection and approval
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client
- Prepare illustrations , sketches, 3D models or drawings and discuss them with clients or management and make necessary changes
- Review and control final layouts and suggest improvements as needed, and presents final layouts to the management or client for approval
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for a printer on paper, film, or digital touchpoint
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, animated graphic content, videos, using computer Software
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, store design, visual merchandising and Internet websites
- Deliver work to client within specified budget and deadline
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials, products, or services
- Produce still and animated graphics for online & offline communication and graphic content.
- Use a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs
- Work closely and coordinate with architects, visual merchandiser, designers, and marketers.
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Translate abstract concepts into visual illustrations
- Prioritise, track, handle, and maintain records of the elements, costs, and time schedules of multiple projects
- Maintain image resource files.
- Create polished & high-quality standard CGIs for store design, visual merchandising, architecture, signage, packaging, and communication tools.
- Develop & edit animated movies and short movies for brand communication and store opening.
- Brings consistency across the estate retaining the brands identity
- Writes and creates all guidelines for all beauty brands
- Pre-approves and check all new brands instore grids
- Delivers all seasonal guidelines
- Drives all seasonal launches in other regions ensuring they are launched on time with all appropriate artwork and guidance
- Supports the execution of new brands, ensuring they are rolled out across the stores and creating a clear guideline for all stores to follow
- Conducts store and market visits to coach the local VM teams and check adherence to brand standards
- Supports store openings by preparing all VM elements and VM guidance prior to opening
- Creates brand VM training packs for each region
- Champions strong partnerships with all internal teams and external suppliers
- Additional tasks will be required, in reasonable alignment with the job role
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends in beauty
- Previous retail Graphic design & visual merchandising experience in beauty sector
- Effective Problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Agility and clear communication skills
- Proven experience with 2D & 3D visualisation software
- Proven experience with Adobe creative suite and Movie software
- Knowledge of types of media, fabrication and printing.
- Skills in presenting and pitching concept design ideas to client and management
- Skills in creating graphic presentations and polished CGI renders.
- Render design ideas in the form of visual (Photoshop, SketchUp, Vray, etcâ€¦.)
- Knowledge of the region is necessary
- Adobe Creative suite ( photoshop, illustrator, In Design..)
- Sketchup or Cinema 4D or similar 3D modeling software
- SU Podium or Vray or similar render software
- Premiere or similar video making software
- Microsoft Office / 365
- English: Excellent English skills required
- Arabic: Preferable but not necessary
We can offer you:
- Future growth opportunities with different business units and multiple brands
- Staff discounts at all participating Chalhoub partner brands
- The chance to live and work in a dynamic regional retail hub
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Design, Retail
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.