Job description / Role
- Design the display window and the layout of goods in the retail stores, ensuring that all the goods are presented well to the customer and are pleasing to the eye.
- Study the floor plans / blueprints of the store to know about its aesthetics and draw designs and plans
- Create a positive store image to increase revenue.
- Deciding how to use space and lighting creatively
- Creating branded visual merchandising packs to send to each store.
- Decide how often to come up with new window display.
- Constantly conceptualize new and fresh store design ideas.
- Create special attractive displays during marketing events (promotions / Sales) and disassemble them.
- Setting up displays, dressing mannequins, and arranging screens, fabric, signage, banners and posters.
- Liaise with marketing Dept. to formulate marketing and advertising strategies.
- Liaise closely with marketing department to formulate and introduce all ‘print material’ – including but not limited to: Sale graphics, promotional graphics, external advertising, discount vouchers, carrier bags.
- Identify and train in store visual merchandiser in order to develop a store culture of ‘self-sufficiency’
- Coaching sales staff on how goods should be displayed and arranged.
- Move around the different stores and ensure that display of goods is according to the visual design.
- Produce a monthly ‘movement schedule’ that meets the needs of all brands and communicate all planned visits to brand managers and store managers
- Feedback on competitor activity – including but not limited to: promotional activity, product range/fashionability, price positioning
- Carry out ‘display product mapping’ in order to deliver ‘commercial layouts and displays’
- Ensure regular communication with operations manager regarding new store openings/refits.
- Making sure that prices and other necessary details are visible
- Be aware of all the latest fashion trends and feedback to brand managers opportunities in the product range.
- Visual merchandisers have to take into account the different age groups of shoppers and design each section accordingly
- Giving feedback to Brand Managers and Head office Mgt. team.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in related fields.
- University degree in visual design, merchandising, art design or equivalent.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Valid UAE Driving License
- A good sense of design, color and style
- Creativity and imagination
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Practical skills, such as carpentry and needlework
- Open for constructive feedback.
- Energetic and has positive attitude.
- Knowledge of current marketing tools and techniques
- Work independently while fostering a strong team atmosphere
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to comply with the needs of work.
About the Company
El Hebri is a leading retail company based in Dubai that operates franchise concepts in North Africa & the UAE since 1986. The company has developed a notable network of retail stores representing a wide range of leading international brands in fashion & home furnishings such as; Jennyfer, Celio, Twinset Milano, Max, Splash, Home Box.
With over 500 diversified passionate employees, we make sure that we hire high skilled talents to join our professional team who fuels our competitive edge and drive our vision forward.