Visual Merchandising Coordinator & Retail Allocator
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND® Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND® Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND® we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The VM coordinator role exists to provide visual merchandising direction and support to all the retails outlets. The role will plan each store layout and provide planograms at a product level. It will involve analysis of sales per items & theme & contribute to regular YoY analysis of each store to ensure overall KPIs are met.
The Retail Allocator role will be responsible for the efficient daily ordering of retail products from our LEGOLAND Central Warehouse into all retail stores on site.
- Provide weekly updates to each store planogram, ready with new products and new launches.
- Perform sales analysis on a weekly basis and come up with action plans based on these results.
- Provide feedback to the buyers and store managers and incorporate their feedback in future plans.
- Follow closely guidelines for space planning in Big Shop planograms
- Plan replacement items for when product is out-of-stock.
- Daily order of required products to retail outlets.
- Plan & issue stock movement to re-allocate stock.
- Create stock file reports & ad-hoc reporting.
- Deliver planograms for stores on site at a product level ensuring accuracy and maximizing the best use of space per store.
- Update planograms on a weekly basis ensuring that deleted items are monitored and excess stocks are managed.
- Daily ordering of required products to retail stores.
- Assist in ensuring an efficient stock turn through re-allocation of stock.
- Complete daily/weekly check of each store to ensure VM compliance & solve issue.
- Work alongside the store Operation Teams, Retail Management and the Buyers.
- Understanding of the Retail business % split of sales is essential and will impact on decision made in a day-to-day role.
- This role will involve additional administrative tasks to provide support to the Buying & Merchandising Team (daily/weekly tasks, data & products entry etc.)
- Provide VM guidelines & guidance to all stores when designing & implementing planograms.
- Provide input & recommendation for stores layouts linked to LEGO theme stories.
- Responsible for all internal communication with operational teams and communicating anything related to 'Stock'.
- Analyze store sales on a weekly basis and suggest action, where appropriate, when targets/budgets are not met.
- Contribute to year-on-year sales analysis per store to ensure growth and check performance on new ranges.
- Work with the rest of the buying team to ensure weeks cover targets are met and action plans created.
- Analytical reporting & recommendations are a key part of this role so the successful candidate will be proficient and confident in the use of reporting tools & Excel.
- The role has the opportunity to develop and improve the Internal Stock Allocation through working closely with the buying team, the Warehouse and Retail Operations.
- The role has no direct reports but will involve working with all members of the Commercial Team on different projects.
- Creating solutions for excess/out-of-stock items is key and will require working closely with other team members in Space Planning, Buying & Store Operations.
- The role will involve working closely with internal & external stakeholders.
- Communication between teams is essential
- At least five years of similar experience within a Toy Environment is preferred.
- A good sense of design, color and creativity; imagination and awareness of current trends in Toys display industry; a high level of attention to detail; good communication skills; the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Technical drawing skills and good IT skills are required.
Health & Safety
Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Policy and the law. In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and must cooperate with any investigation as appropriate.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations.
- Must be willing to complete a background check to ensure for the safety of our guests and employees.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014