Job description / Role
Purpose: To contribute to the development and lead the implementation of innovative and fit-for-purpose technology solutions and systems for the assigned area within Group, in alignment with the overarching strategy, in order to enable the relevant area to meet its business requirements as well as enhance its business processes and operational effectiveness
Diverse portfolio of products, investments and services
* Prioritise, Assign and Supervise the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that all work carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in line with the annual business plans, and functional policies and procedures.
Business Technology Plan
* Collaborate with the representatives of the assigned business/ corporate function to identify emerging business technology needs in order to establish a baseline of information technology requirements for the short, medium and long-terms.
* Conduct the comprehensive translation of those needs into an area-specific business technology plan and assess the importance of various initiatives based on objective criteria such as value-added, impact on core business, risk of operational disruptions etc. in order to identify the information technology priorities.
* Manage the planning, development and testing of new information technology solutions, systems and architecture within the assigned function, as per the overarching plan, in order to ensure the fulfilment of the function's requirements and the creation and maintenance of a fit-for-purpose business technology infrastructure.
* Support the continuous improvement of the function's business technology architecture, solutions and processes in order to ensure they are cost-efficient and fit-for-purpose.
* Oversee the regular assessment and update of the assigned function's technology systems and applications to ensure that they are secure, scalable and have the capacity and reliability to effectively support the function's operations and growth.
* Support research and remain informed of the latest information technology solutions in order to recommend improvements to the existing infrastructure and contributing to the adoption of state-of-the-art solutions.
Opportunity to a highly respected UAE company with a great brand and business strategy.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in progressively more complex and senior-level roles in information technology, with deep experience in enterprise architecture and technology solution design and implementation.
* Good understanding of various technology solutions and platforms, and ability to lead the architecture and implementation of leading technologies for the assigned area.
* Good knowledge and understanding of business process analysis.
* Good understanding of the core processes of the assigned area.
* Good ability to manage vendor relationships.
* Good understanding and articulation of the value-added that fit-for-purpose technology solutions can generate for the assigned area.
Strong facilitation, communication and issue resolution skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Head of IT
|Saudi Arabia||5 Feb|
Managed Services Delivery Lead - Global Systems Integrator
IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Astrolabe Capital LLC