Job description / Role
• Lead the development of all new shoe products and ranges
• Own, develop, and drive the assigned product range to exceed sales and profit budgets
• Manage and develop the buying and merchandising team
• Oversee the delivery of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports
• Ensure delivery of the agreed profitability across categories
• Lead in the development of a network of suppliers to ensure consistent delivery
• Monitor and deliver category and range performances against financial objectives
• Develop and implement buying plans, product development, purchasing and range sales strategies with the retail team.
• Develop high competitor and market awareness within the team.
• Bachelor’s degree with proven experience in planning, buying and merchandising for at least 12 years
• Preferably with experience in the Fashion Retail industry
• Strong people management, organizational, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
• Passionate, commercial and results-driven individual
• Senior-level written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.