Job description / Role
Our client is a Single Office based in Dubai which has a 90%+ approval record at Investment Committee level. They are looking to hire a VP/ Director Fund Manager to work directly with the principal and manage a small team.
Our client is a well-run Dubai-based Single Office with multi-hundred-million-dollar AUMs. They have an exceptional Principal, a institutional Investment Committee and are looking recruit a VP / Director level professional to work directly with the Principal in managing & growing the AUM.
The role presents an opportunity to relocate to Dubai and work with a very well-educated team. Our client is trimming their fixed income portfolio and securing exposure to thematic, future sectors (AI, Robotics, etc.) as well looking to invest directly into Pre-Series A/ Series A/ B VC across Europe, the US and APAC. Any existing network within VC is therefore hugely advantageous as our client is extremely bullish on this asset class. There is also some exposure to real estate albeit by means of funds (as opposed to direct asset management), and equities fund manager selection is a requisite.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical mind-set & skills - a CFA to this extent is hugely advantageous. The candidate will bring with them best practice fund of fund & direct VC investment experience, as well as an existing network of connectivity & opportunities. Through the course of this role, they will review the current risk-return framework, existing allocation and align on allocation moving forward.
Competitive tax-free compensation as per experience
The VP/ Director will:
* Be willing & able to relocate to Dubai - our client will relocate them from London/ Hong Kong/ Singapore/ Switzerland/ North America
* Have an institutional fund management background - ideally at a investment advisor managing funds of endowments, pension funds, UHNWIs/ SFOs/ MFOs
* Have between 7-15 years of above experience
* Have a strong network, track record and appetite for VC
* Have a view on thematic equities & funds
* Have strong financial modelling skills & acumen - a CFA is preferred
* Be able to work well as part of a team, and able to run independently with work-streams/ investment ideas
* Be able to demonstrate a track record managing funds
* Have strong academic pedigree - Bachelors expected, a Masters is preferred
* Have strong, objective thought processes
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Director of Business Development & Corporate Strategy
|Ras Al Khaimah||27 Jul|
Private Equity Manager
Investment Financial Analyst
Senior Finance Manager