VP in Mining - Oil & Gas Company
Job description / Role
Abu Dhabi - U.A.E.
We are looking for a VP in Mining for an important Oil & Gas company to be based in Abu Dhabi – U.A.E to start up the company’s mining business unit. This position will report in to the Upstream Executive Director.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will be:
- To develop plans for Mining projects that are aligned with the company’s integrated strategy with focus on Lithium and Magnesium of salt brines and water aquifers.
- To development and implement Upstream Mining sector technical standards, guidelines, best practices and workflows.
- To plan, direct, coordinate and the full fields’ development plans in the short, medium, and long terms and ensure optimal and economic development and exploitation.
- To overview and direct studies and modeling related activities that directly impact the company.
- To promote the application of the best practices and methods for reserves source estimations and to participate in annual reserves review and update sessions.
- To focus on utilizing the latest proven technology to fulfill objectives of production with minimum cost and risk.
- To monitors and review mines performance through KPIs leveraging on advanced technology applications to ensure sustainability.
- To develop and manage the division annual budget in line with the functions’ business objectives and operational plans ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for the division’s activities.
- To ensures the company’s occupational safety and health policy is effectively implemented in areas of work under his control.
The successful candidate will be Bachelor of Science in Geology or Economic Geology or Geologic Engineering or similar degree, with at least 15 years’ experience in mining and exploration background and mine operating background, supervising at least 10 people. Proven involvement in exploration and resource/reserve development projects. Experience with Budget preparation and cost controls.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- The successful candidate will be Bachelor of Science in Geology or Economic Geology or Geologic Engineering or similar degree, with at least 15 years’ experience in mining and exploration background and mine operating background, supervising at least 10 people.
- Proven involvement in exploration and resource/reserve development projects.
- Experience with Budget preparation and cost controls.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.