Job description / Role
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide input to the tenant mix strategy.
• Deal origination and negotiation on a strategic leasing basis.
• Assist in sourcing and securing anchor and ancillary tenants.
• Conclude deals with the anchor retailers and major retail groups.
• Work with the Retail Delivery Team to ensure that the shops open on time.
• Provide monthly update reports to the Senior Manager Retail Leasing
• Develop and implement a sourcing tenants strategy.
• Negotiate prices within/above range agreed with the Director - Retail Leasing.
• Issue lease proposals to potential tenants
• Negotiate commercial terms and special lease conditions with retailers.
• Manage the lease process through from obtaining supporting documents (Trade License, passport copy, Power of Attorney, Article of Association, etc.) required to draft Leases/Licenses until the signing of the lease documents and paying of all monies due (rent, service charges, marketing fees, deposits, fit-out deposit, etc.)
• Track lease expiries and negotiate renewals; initiate lease renewals six months in advance
• Execute the leasing plan, with the goal of maximizing value creation and improving the tenant mix.
• Prepare an annual budgetary review of the asset and recommend an adjustment to market conditions if required.
• Assess leasing issues on an on-going basis and recommend strategies to mitigate risk.
• Be proactive to identify issues that may have meaningful economic consequences and work on finding solutions.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of regional retailers and their portfolios.
• Originate and expand relationships with the Middle East regional retailers.
• Work collaboratively with the various stakeholder teams and executive management, as appropriate.
• Initiate and oversee legal proceedings where legal action is required relating to tenancies.
• Operate with the highest level of business integrity and ethics.
• Coordinate with Retail Delivery Team the design, graphics, and fit-out of retail units.
• Ensure CRM system meets Retail Leasing needs and liaise with IT/ERP on platform maintenance and update.
• Manage direct reports and allocate workload to maximize efficiency.
• Assist peers in leasing activities with their projects.
RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• Min of: 10+ years of related experience in Retail Leasing
YOE IN MANAGERIAL POSITION:
• Min of: 2+ years of experience in a similar managerial position heading a division/department.
FIELD OF EXPERIENCE:
• Super-regional / local malls, regional malls, and community retail.
TECHNICAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Excellent knowledge of the total gamut of the international retail brands and exceptional relationship with the decision-makers of the major retail groups/brand holders / Executives in the Middle East.
• Capable of preparing the layout and outline of the retail facility, with the purpose of maximizing the rental and asset value of the project.
• Able to formulate a tenancy mix strategy for the project whilst being cognizant of the indigenous demographics and socio-economic retail spend of the catchment.
• Excellent business relationship with the retailers in order to gain periodic market intelligence.
• Experienced negotiator to ensure rentals are above the target rents, to maximize the asset value.
• An inherent team player with remarkable skills for interacting successfully at every level of the hierarchy.
• Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
• Excellent conflict resolution/management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• An excellent relationship with major the Middle East regional retailers
• A large and diverse network of clients (especially within the UAE)
QUALIFICATION - MUST!
• Bachelors degree in Urban Estate Management, Business Administration, ICSC or equivalent is preferred
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.
Assistant VP - Retail Leasing
|Abu Dhabi||30 Dec|
CSG Global Talent
Retail Division Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)