Job description / Role
Experience the vibrant celebration of Mumbai's famous film industry in all its colours and flavours at BOLLYWOOD PARKSâ„¢ Dubai.
Our team is at the heart of who we are, and we are looking for passionate, fun and dedicated people who can connect with our guests and take them on a journey into Bollywood. Whether you are working in the park or behind the scenes, you will be part of an engaging and dynamic environment that values teamwork and creativity.
With immersive rides featuring the biggest names in Bollywood, live entertainment and stage performances transporting you into a realm of movie magic, we invite you to join us on an adventure of a lifetime. The most celebrated cinema industry just got a whole lot more fun.
Play Your Part
- To maintain the outlet/cart in accordance with all the mandatory, statutory and local laws and requirements in the storing, handling and selling of food and beverage items from the outlet and all other related duties. To adhere to the Standard Operating
- Procedures of the Department and perform duties as per the job description.
- Handling cash, credit card and discount transactions with the assistance of a POS (Point of Sale) register.
- Verifying a starting bank and completing a daily audit report when balancing the drawer at the end of the shift.
- Take all food and beverage orders as per Standard Operating Procedures.
- To be fully knowledgeable of the products sold in the outlets/carts in order to respond to the guests enquiries and maintain guest satisfaction.
- Greeting guests and suggestively selling menu items in order to increase revenue.
- Ensuring extraordinary guest service by providing positive interactions with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Operate all equipment in the outlet/cart in accordance with the Standard Operating
- Procedure in order to ensure appropriate health and safety and food hygiene standards are maintained; and that the guest receives the highest standards of food quality and service at all times.
- Maintain the outlet/cart in accordance with all the mandatory, statutory and local laws and requirements in storing, handling and selling of food and beverage items from the outlet in order to be in accordance with the set guidelines of Dubai Municipality.
- To know and apply all the aspects of health and safety requirements of the outlet/cart in terms of fire procedure, suppression systems, and exits in order to avoid injury to self and others and know what safety measures to take when the situation arises.
- Provide general assistance in the preparation of facilities for special functions, themed evenings in order to deliver required services.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and colleagues in order to provide vital information and enhance a smooth communication process in the outlet/cart.
- Working at various Food and Beverage locations, including both indoor and outdoor venues.
- Sell products within the park while roaming when necessary to increase revenue.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings in order to be aware of all updated policies and trainings.
- Willingness to cross train as requested
- Assist other team members in a positive and professional manner
- Follow all food hygiene procedures as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to Company cash handling procedures
- Follow Company wardrobe and grooming guidelines at all times
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures with regards to behaviour, performance and conduct whilst at work and when using Company accommodation and other provided facilities
- Replenish condiment stands, straightening chairs and tables, and maintaining a clean, sanitized food service area by picking up litter and following established cleaning procedures.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High School Certificate.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certification.
- Cash handling experience using Point Of Sales Systems.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required.
- Ability to print and speak English.
- One year of experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in speaking English with ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Basic Computer skills
- The work environment is generally routine with established precedents, practices and procedures. A detailed understanding of the work unit is required.
- Cash handling experience of AED dirham and foreign currencies
- Good Team Player
- Ability to speak additional languages
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; talk or hear; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The individual must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- Flexible working hours
- Physically fit and able to work outside in hot climates
- Must strictly adhere to all HR policies and procedures at all times
- While performing this job, noise level in the work environment is loud.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
F&B Server / Pool Attendant
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|
Waiter/Waitress/Steward for a Luxury Fnb Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||2 Sep|
Waitstaff for an Fnb Holding Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||22 Aug|