Job description / Role
Waiter / Waitress - 99 Sushi Bar & Restaurant Dubai
Following the success of 99 Sushi Bar & Restaurant, the award-winning Abu Dhabi branch we are now looking to expand operations in Dubai. 99 Sushi Bar & Restaurant has been recognized by a series of accolades that the brand has been awarded, this includes 'Best Newcomer of the Year ' awarded by TimeOut Abu Dhabi, 'Favorite Japanese Restaurant of 2018 and 2019' by Fact Magazine Abu Dhabi, ‘100 Best Restaurants of the UAE in 2018’ by TimeOut Abu Dhabi and Chef of the Year by What’s On Abu Dhabi in 2018. Other recommendations have included ‘Top 7 Restaurants to visit in the UAE’ by Conde Nast Traveler and ‘Abu Dhabi’s Best Restaurants’ on BBC Travel.
We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to work in our fine dining restaurant 99 Sushi Bar & Restaurant – Dubai.
The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality, and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you.
To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals.
You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
• Greet and escort customers to their tables
• Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
• Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses
• Inform customers about the day’s specials
• Offer menu recommendations upon request
• Up-sell additional products when appropriate
• Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
• Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
• Serve food and drink orders
• Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
• Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
• Deliver checks and collect bill payments
• Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
• Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
• Follow all relevant health department regulations
• Provide excellent customer service to guests
• Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress.
• Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS).
• Attentiveness and patience for customers.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
• Active listening and effective communication skills.
• Team spirit.
• Flexibility to work in shifts.
• High school diploma; food safety training is a plus.
About the Company
Royal Group is a conglomerate of over 85 large and medium sized companies based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Group has been prudent in its diversification plans and has business activities in all major sectors like finance, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, technology and media. Launched in the late 1990\'s, Royal Group currently employs over 15,000people from a wide variety of countries and cultures and is supported through its head office in the capital of the UAE, Abu Dhabi. The Chairman of the Group is His Highness Sheikh Tahnoon bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Royal Group has expanded at a tremendous pace and is one of the largest business and investment holding houses in the UAE today. It has a significant and growing presence internationally, with a broad spectrum of investments and partners throughout the Middle Easr, Asia, USA and South America.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Waiter / Waitress required for a 4 Star Beach Resort
Royal Beach Hotel
Waiters / Waitress