Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
WAITER / WAITRESS
Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas. Takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed in any of the F&B department within the hotel.
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Work as a team to get all the job tasks completed in any given time.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Taking guest feedback and encouraging guest to share their feedback on our social media platform e.g. Trip advisor, Trust you etc.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Properly open and pour beverage at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking knowledge.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Other tasks that are assigned
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal; knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
- Trustworthy with attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in their work
- Pro-active and energetic with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to multi-task with prioritization skills
- Knowledge of the products/items selling in the outlet
- Proficient in the use of Micros
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
WHY WORK FOR ACCOR?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.