Job description / Role
We are looking to hire a hard-working and dependable warehouse helper to process all incoming and outgoing merchandise in accordance with company guidelines. The warehouse helper's responsibilities include Upkeep of the Ajman Fabric Warehouse. Assist warehouse Supervisor in below tasks:
• Manage master samples store
• Provision of markers etc. as required for production of garments
• Maintain the Ajman warehouse facility as per set objectives
• Assist Supervisor in liaison work with production facility
• Capable of reading and interpreting work orders and adjusting Fabric Painting machines and materials to match the client requirements
• Mixing paint colors, large scale drawing and painting on the floor from a standing position, sculpting, faux finishing, and digital image manipulation.
To be successful as a warehouse helper, you should be knowledgeable of standard warehouse practices and painting machines softwares. Ultimately, an outstanding warehouse helper should be able to use various lift equipment in a safe manner and demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Warehouse Helper Responsibilities:
• Receiving incoming merchandise and verifying that they are undamaged and of sound quality.
• Weighing and counting received items.
• Assisting warehouse staff in retrieving specified merchandise from storage as per the delivery or shipping orders.
• Preparing merchandise for delivery or shipping by packaging and labeling them accordingly.
• Moving all outgoing merchandise to the delivery area.
• Ensuring that all merchandise is properly secured in the delivery vehicles to prevent damage during transit.
• Maintaining accurate records of all incoming and outgoing merchandise.
• Utilizing warehouse lift equipment to load and unload merchandise as well as move, lift, or stack merchandise as needed.
• Organizing warehouse merchandise and stacking them on shelves and racks in accordance with company guidelines.
• Performing all duties necessary to maintain warehouse cleanliness, which includes sweeping, mopping, and dusting as needed.
• Minimum degree High school diploma
• Proven experience working as a warehouse helper.
• Sound knowledge of standard warehouse practices.
• Proficient in the use of warehouse inventory management software.
• The ability to work well as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
The Kanoo Group
Middle East Executive
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Asst. Warehouse Supervisor
RTC-1 Employment Services
KYB Middle East