Job description / Role
Our client, a fast growing distribution company, is urgently looking for a Warehouse In-charge to be based in their Dubai warehouse. The job holder will responsible for providing first line operational management for the warehouse and logistics function ensuring the delivery of safe, effective and efficient services in line with best practice. He will ensure that products and services provided are delivered to the highest quality and standards to satisfy the requirements of customers and key stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure the smooth running of all aspects of Company warehouse operations in UAE. This includes inventory, purchasing, installations, fixing and warehouse activity flow.
• All aspects of inventory control on a daily basis ensuring systems and procedures are in place to maintain stock accuracy
• Warehouse Management includes maintain highest safety & hygiene standards in the warehouse & warehouse space management.
• Procuring all required inventories from approved supplies & posting it in the system.
• Preparing GRN for all the import shipments.
• Inventory management of dispensers along with Managing full functions of dispenser’s repairs.
• Maintain relationships with subcontractors to support services and ensure the best possible solution at the best possible price.
• Leave planner & overtime calculations for all the warehouse staffs.
• Drive and build a customer service mindset in the team and processes and ensure customer complaints are addressed immediately with accurate tracking, recording and follow ups
• Provide optimum efficient deployment of staff and skills within the warehouse and logistics function with guidance and support to all members of the team
• Provide sales teams with information on warehouse supplies, inventory and quantities including product knowledge to enhance sales efforts
• Maintain good working relationships with employees and management promoting a culture of equality and diversity within the workplace
• Ensure team members have the appropriate tools to excel in their roles including appropriate knowledge and skills
• Carry out regular risk assessments within the area and implement risk management measures within the scope of role responsibility.
• Oversee maintenance and repair of equipment with effective documentation
• With supervision from line manager, ensure stringent compliance to workplace cleanliness and health & safety legislation
• Accountable for the security of all Operation department workplace areas
• Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, maintenance, safety manuals and related policies and procedures
• Drive a results-oriented, high-performance warehouse operations department
• Provide effective day to day operational management of the warehouse and logistics teams including undertaking various operational duties such as moving and handling inventory
• Improve productivity by implementing improved and consistent processes, planning and performance management
• Ensure the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of all products
• Carry out internal quality systems audit on a regular basis to ensure and demonstrate robustness of systems
• Maintain an ERP system that will meet the current and future needs of the Company
• Provide all necessary training to appropriate warehouse employees on how to use and maintain the system
• Prepare and submit required reports and documents, and complete administration duties in a timely and accurate manner
• Liaise with your line manager on a regular basis and foster appropriate interdepartmental relationships to ensure efficient working practices are maintained
• Ensure productivity targets are met and demonstrate effective managerial and leadership skills optimising the cost effectiveness of warehouse activities
• To stop work in case of imminent danger to life or the work environment
• Decide the date and time for receiving stock deliveries from suppliers
• Decide on the prioritising and timing of deliveries of stock to customers
• Discipline employees for Health & Safety, conduct and performance violations
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• MBA in Supply Chain Management, B. Com or equivalent degree
• 9 years in an Operational role, 6 years in a management position
• Knowledgeable about customs regulations in UAE and GCC region
• Willing to work for 6 days in a week
• Excellent people management skills
• Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
• Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent product knowledge, effective planning and coordination
• Ideally, someone who can join immediately
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.