Job description / Role
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business while reducing our environmental impact by 2020. As a result, in the months and years to come, we envisage many opportunities for our staff to progress and gain vital experience. It’s never been such an exciting time to join the Unilever team.
Job Profile below:
Department: Warehousing & Logistics
Job Position: Warehouse & Logistics Helper
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Unilever Personal care Factory
Main purpose of the role
The incumbent assumes responsibility for effective inventory management & Responsible for effective stocks movement in Warehouse. The incumbent is also responsible to operate Hand trolley and EPT safely.
• Adhere to the Safety & Quality standards within the company.
• Aware of Basic Inventory Process, factory objective, productivity standards & 5s.
• Knowledge of Emergency Response Plan & first Aid.
• To understand the documents while receiving shipments.
• To Know and understand the storage locations as per bin numbers in warehouse racks.
• To Know and understand the stocks status inventory of all materials in manufacturing locations as to returns and issued locations.
• To Know and understand the materials return procedures.
• To Know and understand the safe keeping of all cleaning Tools and manage the PPEs supplies.
• To manage the disposal of the general waste.
• Knowledge in accounting the rework, PM and RM waste.
• Aware of Quality Parameters.
• Within Factory: All departments in the factory
• Within UA: SC functions in other company entities, agencies, export customers, corporate QA, government relations, and R&D.
• Outside UA: 3rd party logistics providers, transporters
• Good exp with Warehousing and Transportation / inventory management
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent English communication skills
• Strong people skills, leadership skills
• Minimum 3 years work experience as warehouse assistant within an FMCG company
• Preferred to have SAP/Oracle knowledge
• Preferred to know Excel
• Must be flexible with working shift work and 6 day weeks
• Must have knowledge on WCM/TPM standards
• Preferred to have knowledge about customs/shipping documents & regulatory affairs.
• Preferred to have a forklift driving license
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.