Job description / Role
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business while reducing our environmental impact by 2020. As a result, in the months and years to come, we envisage many opportunities for our staff to progress and gain vital experience. It’s never been such an exciting time to join the Unilever team.
Job Profile below:
Department: Warehousing & Logistics
Job Position: Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Unilever Personal care Factory
Main purpose of the role
The incumbent assumes responsibility for effective inventory management & Responsible for effective stocks movement in Warehouse. The incumbent is also responsible to operate Hand trolley and EPT safely
• To do the receipt to finished goods from production to warehouse.
• To do all aspects of warehousing for RM and PM inbound to the 3rd party warehouse and to the factory
• To coordinate all outbound distribution activities including transportation management, outbound customs.
• To Coordinate transportation between warehouses, 3rd party, and co-packers.
• To manage inventory accuracy, cycle counting, and WMS in all 3 warehouses
• Ensure the products are adequately stored in a safe and secure manner within the warehouse.
• Organise the assembly of orders for dispatch to the various customer.
• Ensure issuing of PM & RM to production will be accurate and efficient
• Ensure appropriate FG dispatch will happen on-time and in full from all Warehouses.
• Liaise with the appropriate shipping trucking contacts, as and when required, to resolve potential or current problems.
• Ensure appropriates documentation is been handed over to the driver before releasing the shipments.
• Manage the shift patterns to ensure resources are allocated in an optimum manner, taking into account current and anticipated throughput of the warehouse.
• Plan and initiate stock takes in a manner, which ensure accurate recording of inventory records.
• To verify all PM & RM while received from suppliers to warehouse..
• Ensure the various invoices received from providers of logistics related services are validated.
• Ensure handling equipment is scheduled for maintenance.
• Coordinate with QA team to investigate all no conformances and Block stocks when requested
• Adhere to the Safety & Quality standards within the company
• Within Factory: All departments in the factory
• Within UA: SC functions in other company entities, agencies, export customers, corporate QA, government relations, and R&D.
• Outside UA: 3rd party logistics providers, transporters, customs officials, co-packers, and customs brokers
• Good exp with Warehousing and Transportation / inventory management
• Bachelor Degree
• Excellent English communication skills
• Strong people skills, leadership skills
• Minimum 3 years work experience as warehouse assistant within an FMCG company
• Must have SAP/Oracle knowledge
• Must be strong in Excel
• Must be flexible with working shift work and 6 day weeks
• Must have knowledge on WCM/TPM standards
• Preferred to have knowledge about customs/shipping documents & regulatory affairs.
• Preferred to have a forklift driving license
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.