Job description / Role
• Create effective computer hydraulic designs for in-house water network designs. This includes hydraulic modeling, design reports, and tender documents.
• Review all computer hydraulic designs produced by consultants. Maintain and update the hydraulic model of the region water network.
• Develop effective scenarios and options for the computer hydraulic model, providing feedback to relevant Directorates, Divisions, Departments and Sections.
• Review and recommend the water demand assumptions used to estimate the water demand of the Region. Also allocate the demand forecast in the hydraulic model scenarios
• Calibrate the computer hydraulic model.
• Set the technical criteria used in the computer modeling of the regional water network.
• Provide consultants with the modeling data to be applied when utilized in the design of water networks.
• Review the studied and design works for the new developments of water works, rehabilitation and replacement of water works prepared by the Consultants and third parties such as Developers.
• Review the studies for the water supply systems in the region provided by company. This includes reviewing the master plans, feasibility studies, design reports, tender documents, and hydraulic design.
• Assist in preparation of Water Network Planning & Development Department Annual Business Plan.
• Facilitates with other departments the production of short and long term investment plans, policies and procedures for the section and division, in coordination with the Department Manager and develops strategies and plans for asset investments relating to strategic Water network development and rehabilitation. Such plans comprise investment requirements for CAPEX, OPEX and Business Support.
• Prepares the preparation of investment technical asset studies, for developing Water network assets to meet future network development and requirement for network rehabilitation or replacement/abandonment.
• Undertake investment studies, to include preparation of investment cost models for all types of Water assets works, condition grading of our existing assets, and the preparation of investment rules, all as a precursor to undertaking investment analysis.
• Prepare investment analysis for the building and upkeep of all Water engineering works for new development, increase in customer demand and refurbishment/rehabilitation of existing Water assets, and on this analysis build 20 year investment plans for such structures.
• At least 6 years consulting experience within the Middle East with leading consultancies
• Hydraulic modeling experience is a must
• Relevant bachelor degree
• Preference for candidates who are currently based in the UAE
About the Company
At Cooper Fitch, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We provide recruitment, executive search and human resources advisory services to thousands of clients across the Middle East, we have been delivering services in the region since 1997. Our team is your team, we firmly believe in delivering first class committed search services. It is our mission to help build the best talent in the market. Our services are tailored to your every need, we have spent nearly twenty years developing an extensive database of top tier talent in the region. We also aim to help you protect and retain your people with our world-class assessment, testing and advisory facilities. We provide both valuable market updates and compensation and benefits analysis to complete the full spectrum of human resources services.