Water Operations Planning Engineer
Thomas Thor Associates
Job description / Role
The Water Operations Planning Engineer is responsible for supporting planning and scheduling of breakdown as well as preventive maintenance/outages of water transmission equipment and assets to ensure efficient, reliable, economic, and uninterrupted transmission.
* Review and approve Work Orders and Applications for work ensuring that no outages are released without evaluating and assessing the impact on the security of water supply, water quality, production, and economy of operation.
* Ensure that all programmed works are in accordance with safety rules and safety documents are stated in the application for work.
* Maintain the outage program considering changing circumstances and to prepare detailed maneuvering schedules.
* Plan and consult with all concerned parties to produce harmonised outage plans covering the planned outages for the water transmission system.
* Coordinate with distribution companies for outages approval and actions needed from their side if required.
* Review water production outages programs received from the Power Generation Planning section to assure that demand will be satisfied during these outages, provide feedback and prepare necessary action plans if needed.
* Review and approve Work Orders or the procedures of commissioning the new equipment, in coordination with other departments as per system safety rules.
* Liaise with concerned engineers to ensure that all follow-up plans are well implemented.
* Assist with generating required reports.
* Implement all relevant section policies, processes, and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Execute the continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’ and changes in the business environment and leveraging insights. This includes supporting the related change management efforts.
* Ensure adherence to all health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) policies and requirements.
* Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet the section requirements, policies, and standards.
* Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
* Extensive experience in System Operations
* Experience working within Energy and utility sector.
* Experience working with water outages and transmission.
About the Company
Recruitment, Executive Search and Consulting in Nuclear and other Net Zero Industries
Thomas Thor is a recruitment, executive search and consulting organisation attracting talents to Net Zero Industries especially Nuclear. Following the union of Thomas Thor and KeySource HCI in 2016, we proudly operate as KeySource Global for our Executive Search Services in North America (www.keysourceglobal.com). Our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies, equipment manufacturers and research organisations. Our ten offices are located close to our clients, in Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Our multinational and multilingual staff have an unrivalled global network in the nuclear industry.
Our services include: • Provision of nuclear professionals for assignments on a contract basis • Recruitment of nuclear professionals for permanent staff positions • Advice on relocation and career development in nuclear • Nuclear industry research, statistics, and information
Our network of nuclear experts includes internationally mobile project and technical specialists in nuclear new build, commissioning, operation, decommissioning and waste management in the following disciplines: • Board Level, Strategy and Business Development • Project and Programme Management • Project Control, Planning and Contract Management • Procurement, Cost Management and Supply Chain • Safety (Deterministic, Probabilistic and Safety Management) • Human Factors, Human Performance and Risk Management • Quality Management • Licensing and Regulatory • Process and Design Engineering • Senior technical specialists in Electrical, Mechanical, Structural and Civil engineering • Waste Management and Fuel Cycle • Decommissioning
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy
TGC Middle East
TGC Middle East
Shift Charge Engineer
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||11 Apr|