Job description / Role
The pipeline and opportunities for strategic and major water projects in the Middle East region are significant. An opportunity exists for a driven, ambitious and self-motivated person to take a critical role in growing Atkins Water Business in region. The successful candidate will work closely in wining and delivering work in region for the Water sector. The work will include client engagement, bid management and managing the delivery of Projects to our Clients.
The role is based in Riyadh or Abu Dhabi (or Dubai), Saudi Arabia but will also requires working and travel throughout region as and when required, sometimes at short notice. Potential candidates must therefore be in a position to travel and work occasionally across the wider Middle East region.
The GCC is witnessing an increasing investment in water infrastructure including provision of major wastewater treatment and desalination facilities. Atkins is positioned to play an important role in providing technical solutions to many of the opportunities presented by this development programme and more particularly in KSA and UAE.
The role will cover technical advisory services from bid stage through to delivery (feasibility, conceptual/preliminary design, detailed design). The candidate should be a confident and experienced water professional with good presentation and technical skills. The Candidate must have over 8 years experience on water/wastewater projects. This experience would ideally include previous experience in GCC countries.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
- Training - Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual team environment
- Must be a clear communicator in both verbal and written English (Arabic speaker is a plus)
- Must be able to lead, motivate and inspire team members
- Able to work in a high pressure, deadline driven, environment
- Effective and imaginative problem solver
- Must be able to travel extensively within the region
- Able to work cooperatively with other disciplines to provide effective, multi-disciplinary, design solutions which add value for our clients
- Must be a confident and capable presenter
- Work as a team member and provide a positive contribution to team performance
- Demonstrate use of initiative
- 8 Years+ Water/wastewater experience
- Chartered Engineer - preferably registered in UK, EU, USA or Australia.
- Desalination experience
- Wastewater Treatment services experience
- Technical Advisory services experience (Client Engineer and/or Lender’s Engineer)
- Understanding of Safety, Availability and RAMS procedures
- Design and Build experience
- Good all round experience from front end to delivery
- Experience on similar projects at a senior level
- Experience managing teams
- Client and stakeholder facing experience
- Good understanding of Middle East Codes
- Water Company Experience
- Contractor experience
- Middle East experience
- Site experience
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).