Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ready to change the way the world works? IBM Watson uses AI and cognitive computing to tackle some of humanity's most challenging problems - like revolutionizing how doctors research cancer or transforming how businesses engage with customers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Watson Technical Architect in Data & AI to help usher in the new era of AI.
As a Watson Technical Architect, you will be selling solutions that will support the next era of cognitive computing. IBM Data&AI has a strong pipeline of opportunities and is looking for passionate and motivated Technical Architect to help our clients take the AI journey with Watson and other Data&AI solutions.
The Watson Technical Architect will
- Work with the most influential enterprises in the MEA region to transform business operations with AI solutions.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge, experience and insight to address client's business issues (which may include client, industry or technology related pressures) with Watson solutions that improve the client's return on investment.
- Support and execute the sales process with in-depth sales, organizational, business and professional skills.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of the selected business solution, the IBM capabilities that surround this solution and the value the solution can bring to our client's business issues.
- Team with client sales team, providing technical sales support on Watson offerings in line with client needs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to line of business executives as well as customer IT departments.
- Provide feedback from customers to Product Marketing, Product Management, and Product Development.
- Engage additional resources as needed to support the sale.
- Understand unstructured data solutions, with preferred specific expertise in search and unstructured analytics.
Key soft skills
- Ability to articulate the value of IBM's Data&AI Portfolio
- Ability to understand market dynamics of the AI space to lead competitive positioning from a technical and economical perspective.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the economics behind capital purchases and tradeoffs of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, discipline, with attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Competitive self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Interact with corporate-level executives .
- Objection handling skills.
- Understand prospect "insiders" and how competition sells to the account. Develop insights from this and from public sources.
- Stay ahead and on top of all new product features and fixes.
- Provide technical consultation and education to the Sales team and Business Partners by keeping them apprised on new product information.
Key technical skills
- Experience with Watson services and solutions: Watson Services, Watson Assistant, Watson Discovery, Watson Explorer, Watson NL Understanding, Watson Compare&Comply, etc.
- Experience with core enabling technologies: Open Source, ML, Deep Learning, Databases, networking, Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge in IBM AI Platform and Data Science space: Cloud Pak for Data, SPSS, Decision Optimization, R and Python programming, etc.
- Experience with data integration and governance solutions, including but not limited to IBM Information Server, Informatica, Oracle, Talend, Ab Initio.
- Knowledge of in the Open Source space: Apache Hadoop, etc.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Math, or Technical Orientation.
- Readiness to travel up to 25% of time annually.
- English: Fluent.
- At least 5 years experience in Data Science & Business Analytics area and hands-on engineering or field technical sales experience.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.