Job description / Role
We are looking for a qualified web developer to maintain our OTT streaming site. You will be working with our design and UX team to develop and maintain our website and CMS. Our team is small, fast-paced and passionate about delivering excellent content to youth in the GCC. As a web developer, you’ll collaborate with the internal team to maintain our customer facing website and CMS, improving the build and adding new functionality when required.
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Grow your presence in the industry, including relationships within agency partners and industry bodies to support professional stature
- Complete mandatory training
- Maintain our CMS and OTT live streaming site with clean code
- Work on bug fixing and improving site performance
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Liaise with the Product Development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Mobile API development
- Front & Back end development
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Familiarity with streaming video in general and the AWS OTT stack in particular
- Strong communication abilities to interact with colleagues and clients
- Excellent eye for design and intimate understanding of design elements
- Ability to write in a variety of computer languages, such as HTML5 or Java, CSS, HTML, PHP, Laravel and Java coding skills
- Experience with WordPress, Cpanel, Ubuntu
- Basic database administration skills for MySQL, Access and SQL
- Familiarity with SEO principles
- Excellent multimedia content development abilities
About the Company
We are a ‘New Media’ company, born in one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the Middle East. Our mission is to be the ‘New Media’ company of choice in the Middle East by generating profitable growth through innovation and breaking the mold in marketing communications.
Augustus established in 2015 with offices in Dubai & Riyadh, recognised as SME company of the year at the 2018 MENA Effies. Current portfolio of brands includes Lovin Dubai, Lovin Saudi & SMASHI TV.
We understand that achieving our mission is based upon strong values and we have identified three that sit right at our core.
- Ingenuity: There is a bit of genius in everything we do. We take pride in our creative originality.
- Tenacity: Good things come to those who work for them. We always persevere and persist.
- Velocity: High level performance is about speed and momentum. We are fast and agile in how we think, operate and how we act.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Web Developer/Graphic Designer
Full Stack Developer
Right Calibre Executive Search
Full Stack Developer
Senior Front End Developer - AngularJS, React, Node
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jun|
Web Developer cum Web Designer
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE.