Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Michelin Guide recommended 2022 and 2023 Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
- Focus on proactive selling both Conference Space and Outlets including Food & Beverage, AV and all Hotel Services to wedding clients and social events primary, as well as development of school and government accounts to drive additional business to the hotel
- Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through various efforts (prospect calls, referrals, etc.) to maximize catering revenues to meet/exceed goals
- Plan, up-sell, and detail the meeting/function with the client including space requirements, times, equipment, menus, etc.
- Coordinate payment procedure to include: credit, prepayment, and billing instructions, etc.
- Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel, and resolve any issues, complaints, and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction
Manage event from beginning to end, processing all the information pertaining to the booking to include but not limited to:
- Prepare proposal, contracts, invoices and addendums
- Preparation of creative menus while always keeping in mind food cost, labor cost and facilities of the kitchen
- Confirm electrical, internet, telecommunication, audio-visual and where appropriate Exhibit requirements
- Obtain guarantees of food and beverage events for banquets and kitchen
- Maintain accurate, legible records, and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects
- Exceed personal sales and activities goals, monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Utilize Opera Sales & Catering System to track, solicit, book, and follow -up accounts
- Conduct site inspections with prospective and existing clients
- Minimum High School Diploma, Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred
- Arabic Speaker
- Minimum two year experience in Catering, exposure to Banquet operation is a plus
- Minimum two years' experience in a luxury Hotel environment
- Candidate must have flexible schedule and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be results oriented, enthusiastic and a strong team player
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and be self-efficient
- Computer experience at intermediate to advanced level is mandatory with knowledge of Windows 2003 (Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Access) Opera Sales & Catering and Meeting Matrix
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours especially during peak periods
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.