Job description / Role
Job Purpose & Scope:
Carry out welding and brazing activities associated with piping and structural fabrication work at field and or at site workshop.
• Under the guidance of the Fabrication supervisor carry out welding, fabrication, repair and modification of various types of plant piping and structures in accordance with Company procedures, standards, codes and practices.
• To estimate and consolidate the works and to obtain materials and tools as per requirements. Pre-fabricate, welding and replace the piping spools or fitting and installation either at site or in workshop.
• Ensure daily good house-keeping on the job site and maintain all tools and equipment in good order.
• Issue comprehensive daily activity reports outlining the case of repair, the nature of the work and materials, labor and time taken to complete the work.
• Receive, identify and sort out incoming materials and welding consumables. Prepare, tag and ship outgoing fabrication freight.
• Ensure that all Fabrication / Welding activities are conducted with in accordance with the company standing instructions and procedures.
• Receive Hot work permit (Naked Flame) as Performer and able to understand permit conditioning.
• Observe and follow Company's HSE Procedure to ensure work is carried out in safe manner.
• Carry out necessary maintenance work of welding machines to maintain in good working condition.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
Works in accordance with standing instructions, procedures, and trade standards. Work is regularly checked.
Lifting, climbing, bending and using hand tools, occasionally move large fabricated structural and pipe spools using lifting appliances such as chain blocks and hoist.
Approximately 90% of work time is spent outside exposed to prevailing weather conditions. Moderate exposure to heat, noise and dirt. 10% in the air conditioned environment or while in transportation.
• Secondary school leaving certificate (Minimum 10 years of school education). Additional training in industrial trade such as welder, fabricator or fitter is preferred.
• Shall have qualification in GTAW and SMAW welding processes in 6G and 6GR positions.
• Basic knowledge of different materials for fabrication such as: ASTMA316/316L,A304, Inconel 625, CuNi, API 5L Gr.B, A106, A36& etc.
• Knowledge Electrodes and filler wire for oil industry. Knowledge in welding consumable control practices such as electrode baking, holding and preservation practices.
• Awareness of hazards involved in welding, i.e. electric shocks, confined spaces, fumes.
• Understand the requirements for welding procedure qualification records and welder qualifications and its validity
• Ability to understand and communicate in English language.
About the Company
A leading agri-food company in the UAE.